Advice Request is Allavsoft downloader software trusted?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Dears ,

i want to know your opinion before installing Allavsoft on my laptop. this is simple downloader to download courses from some learning platform
i scanned the exe file with Bitdefender , virus total and Malwarebytes and it is clean. however it is not digitally signed by the developer.

is it trusted to install it on my laptop or not ??

Software official website is : Allavsoft:Download from Spotify, YouTube, Udemy, Vimeo etc 1000+ Websites

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I have used it before without issue & virustotal confirms it's clean. A lot of non-digitally signed software is fine, the main reason is the affordability of getting a digital certificate and maintaining it. If ever in doubt, run it in sandbox/VM first to monitor its behaviour
Thanks for your reply and advice

but i scanned it on hybrid analysis website and it seems detected as suspicious on Falcon sandbox environment
Link for the results :Free Automated Malware Analysis Service - powered by Falcon Sandbox

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
but i scanned it on hybrid analysis website and it seems detected as suspicious on Falcon sandbox environment
Link for the results :Free Automated Malware Analysis Service - powered by Falcon Sandbox
I don't know that file but I can't tell you how many times this "falcon sandbox" flagged legit software not even as suspicious but outright malicious when I scanned it there. All av said clean the "falcon sandbox" didn't like it at all.
So for me I take the falcon sandbox with mixed feelings. In the end you have to decide which Result pages you trust. You can also try:
Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal MetaDefender Cloud | Advanced threat prevention and detection

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I don't know that file but I can't tell you how many times this "falcon sandbox" flagged legit software not even as suspicious but outright malicious when I scanned it there. All av said clean the "falcon sandbox" didn't like it at all.
So for me I take the falcon sandbox with mixed feelings. In the end you have to decide which Result pages you trust. You can also try:
Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal MetaDefender Cloud | Advanced threat prevention and detection
Thank you for support i agree with you as i suspect that it may be false positive .
i will give a try to other engine you have posted

Reactions: Moonhorse

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Based on the information you have provided, it appears that the Allavsoft downloader software is clean from any virus or malware. However, the fact that it is not digitally signed by the developer could raise a concern about its authenticity.

Therefore, I recommend exercising caution when installing any software that is not digitally signed by the developer, as it may pose a security risk. Furthermore, I suggest that you evaluate whether the benefit of using this software outweighs potential security risks.

In conclusion, it is up to you to decide whether to trust and use Allavsoft downloader software. However, I advise being cautious whenever you download software from third-party websites.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.