Advice Request Is anybody using Norton Password Manager?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hello, guys!

Is anybody using Norton Password Manager? What do you think of it security-wise and features-wise? Does it support generating OTP codes for saved passwords? Thank you.

Reactions: Nevi

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Personally, I found Norton's password manager lackluster. I much rather prefer using the following:

Sticky Password - Lifetime
RoboForm for Business - Enterprise - RoboForm Everywhere
PassCamp - Enterprise Read more about it here: Enterprise Password Management - PassCamp or Password Manager Features - PassCamp

Nice free one that I would recommend and have used before is Bitwarden. Link here: Bitwarden Open Source Password Manager

Another great one that is free is LastPass. Link here: #1 Password Manager & Vault App, Enterprise SSO & MFA | LastPass

Hope this helps you @The Cog in the Machine ! Let me know if you have more questions.

~Brian

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Personally, I found Norton's password manager lackluster. I much rather prefer using the following:

Sticky Password - Lifetime
RoboForm for Business - Enterprise - RoboForm Everywhere
PassCamp - Enterprise Read more about it here: Enterprise Password Management - PassCamp or Password Manager Features - PassCamp

Nice free one that I would recommend and have used before is Bitwarden. Link here: Bitwarden Open Source Password Manager

Another great one that is free is LastPass. Link here: #1 Password Manager & Vault App, Enterprise SSO & MFA | LastPass

Hope this helps you @The Cog in the Machine ! Let me know if you have more questions.

~Brian
Thank you very much for your recommendation. I do have a lifetime subscription for Sticky Password that I am currently using. I have also a lifetime subscription for Enpass. Recently, Enpass asked for another payment for a feature similar to Have I been Pwned offered by 1Password and they said that they needed to do that to cover the costs, so I stopped using the service. Sticky Password is great and it does support the browsers I use, but, unfortunately, it does not support generating OTP codes. Regarding, Lastpass, Bitwarden and other cloud password managers, I do not like the idea of storing my passwords in the cloud and this is why I migrated to Sticky Password for it offers Local Sync via Wifi.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Thank you very much for your recommendation. I do have a lifetime subscription for Sticky Password that I am currently using. I have also a lifetime subscription for Enpass. Recently, Enpass asked for another payment for a feature similar to Have I been Pwned offered by 1Password and they said that they needed to do that to cover the costs, so I stopped using the service. Sticky Password is great and it does support the browsers I use, but, unfortunately, it does not support generating OTP codes. Regarding, Lastpass, Bitwarden and other cloud password managers, I do not like the idea of storing my passwords in the cloud and this is why I migrated to Sticky Password for it offers Local Sync via Wifi.
You are much like me my friend! Local sync vis WiFi is nice - offline aka manual sync isn't bad either. OTP codes would be nice in StickyPassword. I need to make a suggestion to the developers that they need to look into implementing that. OTP has been out for ages now. Nice to see I'm not the only one in the same mindset @The Cog in the Machine !

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
You are much like me my friend! Local sync vis WiFi is nice - offline aka manual sync isn't bad either. OTP codes would be nice in StickyPassword. I need to make a suggestion to the developers that they need to look into implementing that. OTP has been out for ages now. Nice to see I'm not the only one in the same mindset @The Cog in the Machine !
Unfortunately, Sticky Password developers are not very responsive. Have a look at their forum, and see how many people asked for features that got ignored by the Sticy Password team.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.