Question Is AVG AntiTrack Any Good?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Yes, AVG AntiTrack is quite effective. It helps protect your online privacy by alerting you when tracking attempts are made, and it also disguises your digital fingerprint. However, the effectiveness may vary depending on individual browsing habits and needs.

vonvon

Level 2
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Read on the French site "Forum PC Astuces":

1719252303364.png

written in red (quick translation) :

AVG anti track sometimes uses a lot of memory, it happens to be necessary to restart to reset Antitrack because it keeps in process the memory of the blocked sites.... and by dint of accumulating ...

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I just used AVG Anti Tracker's online tool to scan my pc for privacy issues. This is the tool they use to scare you and sell you their product. It scanned my browser and straight up LIED, saying they could detect I had logged a session in Blogger, which is literally untrue.

cartaphilus

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2023
So is it useless?
I wouldn't say useless, I would say it duplicative and an unnecessary exposure to threat/exploit space via allowing yet another "security program" to run in the background.

If you have AdGuard or uBlock and are using a more robust block list then it is my belief that you have all the tracking avenues covered (as much as you can without going VPN).

Reactions: lokamoka820

lokamoka820

Level 5
Thread author
Mar 1, 2024
I just used AVG Anti Tracker's online tool to scan my pc for privacy issues. This is the tool they use to scare you and sell you their product. It scanned my browser and straight up LIED, saying they could detect I had logged a session in Blogger, which is literally untrue.
Thanks for your review.

If you have AdGuard or uBlock and are using a more robust block list then it is my belief that you have all the tracking avenues covered (as much as you can without going VPN).
I already use uBlock Origin on my browsers.

Last edited:

EstrellaRhodes

Level 1
Jun 3, 2024
I've tried AVG AntiTrack for a bit. It does a decent job of blocking trackers and keeping your online activity private. It's user friendly and doesn't slow down my system. If you're looking for an extra layer of privacy, it might be worth trying!

Reactions: lokamoka820

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.