• No

Votes: 27 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starchild76

Thread author
@JAMESWT an official of AVG is going to contact the members of the viruslab and see what is going on and what can be improved. in the mean time , I encourage you to keep sending in those samples , because thats very important for us! thanks for your excellent work sofar!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JAMESWT

titan1

Level 1
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
The free version of avg is bad.I used it a year ago.AVG itself says that the free users don't get priority updates.So the paid version of AVG may not be that bad.( I did not use the paid version).as you have got a free license,I will say that you should give it a try.As it is free for you,so you can give it up anytime.Who knows,may be AVG paly well on your computer.best of luck.

Alucard

Level 2
Verified
Sep 28, 2014
It's fine in all honesty if you're a normal user however there are better options so I don't see why anyone would bother with it.
I'd personally just use Avast if I was you and be done with it.
I had the paid version of AVG and it worked fine for me except it sometimes got in the way of certain programs running when I tried.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
MY VOTE: YES

Overall Opinion, it's a good anti-virus.

However, I would suggest checking out other AV programs first before settling on this. I have had AVG briefly in the past, and there's other AV's that run smoother for my PC.

It may depend on your needs and hardware... if AVG is your kind of Antivirus software or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.