Advice Request Secondary good Anti Malware

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
ESET NOD32 Antivirus is installed on my system. Is it good to install a secondary Anti Malware like Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free ? I heard that it reduces overall computer performance even when not performing scan . Does Norton Power Eraser provides built-in database update feature? or every time manually download required like Kaspersky Free Scanner ( KVRT ) ? Please suggest me. Thanks in advance.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Having a secondary anti-malware program alongside your primary antivirus can provide an extra layer of protection. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free is a popular choice and can be a good complement to ESET NOD32 Antivirus. It specializes in detecting and removing malware that may not be caught by traditional antivirus software.

Regarding performance, it is true that running multiple security programs simultaneously can potentially impact your computer's performance. However, this will depend on your system's specifications and the specific combination of software you are using. It is recommended to monitor your system's performance and adjust accordingly if you notice any significant slowdowns.

As for Norton Power Eraser, it is a standalone tool designed to detect and remove deeply embedded threats. It does not have a built-in database update feature like traditional antivirus software. Instead, it relies on downloading the latest definitions every time you run a scan. This ensures that you have the most up-to-date protection against the latest threats.

Kaspersky Free Scanner (KVRT) also requires manual downloading of the required database updates. This is common for standalone malware removal tools as they are designed to be portable and do not have real-time protection or automatic updates like full antivirus software.

In summary, having a secondary anti-malware program like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free alongside ESET NOD32 Antivirus can provide additional protection. However, it is important to monitor system performance and adjust accordingly. Norton Power Eraser and Kaspersky Free Scanner both require manual downloading of database updates.

Reactions: anirbandutta01

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
ESET NOD32 Antivirus is installed on my system. Is it good to install a secondary Anti Malware like Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free ? I heard that it reduces overall computer performance even when not performing scan . Does Norton Power Eraser provides built-in database update feature? or every time manually download required like Kaspersky Free Scanner ( KVRT ) ? Please suggest me. Thanks in advance.
Do you want a secondary program to provide real time protection or just a program for occasional scans?

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
Become a threat hunter and use solid tools and forensic knowledge to conduct compromise assesments on your own ;) you will then become the AV.

Attachments

• bruce-lee-be-like-water-pgxfylx88zowlggn.gif
    bruce-lee-be-like-water-pgxfylx88zowlggn.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 80

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I installed NPE on yesterday & it's really good. I think it's better than EKK. I don't know about KVRT how effective is it ?

Thank you all of you for your suggestion. I installed NPE on yesterday & it's really good. I think it's better than EKK. I don't know about KVRT how effective is it ? And Malwarebytes?

Reactions: simmerskool

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Thank you all of you for your suggestion. I installed NPE on yesterday & it's really good. I think it's better than EKK. I don't know about KVRT how effective is it ? And Malwarebytes?

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Malwarebytes is fine but it has to be installed, fora secondary scanning program I prefer to use portable options such as EEK and KVRT.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.