Q&A Is Avira a good antivirus?

OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Comodo
Comodo firewall already has a behavioral engine
But this is included in the sandbox (container) as it analyzes the applications that are in the sandbox.
But you can ask him to work out of sandbox.
configuration> advance protection>viruscope> Moniterizar onli aplication in sandbox .. (defaut activate)

Avira used to be a top choice.
but their ignoring the complaints(lots of complaints about their launcher,their way of repairing(pop up window after every detection which ends with lots of windows and system hang on heavy infected machined) and their bloatwares) made then an average product.
Better choices out there....let Avira live in PEACE!!!

OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I used it for about 5 years. The false detection rate was more than the detected power factor.
A batter rumored as "mass-producing a home run" was similar to a sight that could not hit a ball with a powerful swing.
What I got at Avira is a sense of security that is close to self-satisfaction that software rated with "high detection power" is installed in pc. I could not sense the power of detection.

davisd

Level 12
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
What I got at Avira is a sense of security that is close to self-satisfaction that software rated with "high detection power" is installed in pc. I could not sense the power of detection.
Did you use the paid versions? Well, the Pro vesion of Avira AV is indeed more powerful in detection and cloud lookup than Free version. Although Avira support keeps telling that protection modules are the same in both versions, the Pro is more responsive than Free, also it updates more often. It's proven. I still think Avira have valuable products and launcher has become not so user annoying anymore, it's needed for their products to function. The only thing that I don't like is they are slow at updating/polishing new UI, it's half-baked. The good thing is Luke Filewalker is gone.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avast
AVIRA has been reasonably good detection wise, but they really need to get their [edited] together with interface. It's one of the worst in the industry. It's like someone threw up interface bits together into what resembles AVIRA's interface now. The fact they kept that Luke Filewalker in it for so long is weird. It's inconsistent, clumsy and despite attempts to make it more pleasant to look at, it just looks weird and ugly. It could be so much better, but I can't see myself using it even if it has perfect 100% detection. Yeah, it's that bad.

OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Did you use the paid versions? Well, the Pro vesion of Avira AV is indeed more powerful in detection and cloud lookup than Free version. Although Avira support keeps telling that protection modules are the same in both versions, the Pro is more responsive than Free, also it updates more often. It's proven. I still think Avira have valuable products and launcher has become not so user annoying anymore, it's needed for their products to function. The only thing that I don't like is they are slow at updating/polishing new UI, it's half-baked. The good thing is Luke Filewalker is gone.
After using the free version, I used a paid version only for one year. I heard rumors about the story that there is a difference in the protection module, but I myself could not feel it.
Because I liked the plain UI, the appearance and weight of the launcher has become a deciding factor to consider other options.