Battle Is Bitdefender better then ESET or Kaspersky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

De_Haos

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
Just wondering if Bitdefender is better like they say?
Which would you chose between : ESET Smart Security 5 ,Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2013?

What do you think?

superboy123

Level 4
Verified
May 1, 2012
I do not try internet version but i using total security....bitdefender have good and detect many virus,trojan,etc.....many people say bitdefender using huge memory but it wrong....my computer run perfectly and bitdefender using less memory than kaspersky.....

P

Plexx

BitDefender is more of a hit and miss. Although their detection rate is good but since the release of BD2013, that product only has problems and short comings.

Kaspersky on the other hand is fine for high end systems, unless you are a gamer, you can pretty much forget about it (online gamer that is).

ESET has decent detection rate and light on resources, but their main zero day protection (HIPS), can be daunting to configure properly (I have mine set to disabled for now anyway).

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
I prefer ESET for its lightness on system.

See I'm not bothered if it's heavy or not, Trend isn't the lightest but seems to do the job I want. Sometimes lightest is not always the best.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
the best version of bitdefender which i used was 2011,they had everything right for them,much more configurable,firewall options easy to find and the network monitor at the bottom,i know a lot of people who miss those things.

kaspersky is definitely the most robust of all these three ,has the most features i quite like the banner blocker feature and the safe run ... i am talking specifically about Internet security suites.But it is temperamental has random memory spikes and is not very light.

Eset on the other hand is very light,as proven by av-comparatives lightest after WSA which is completely cloud based but the firewall and hips are difficult to configure.

I personally prefer eset because it has high detection rates not the best but quite good none the less.

P

Plexx

ESET HIPS and Firewall can be easily configured by a novice user by simply switching to Learning mode. The problem with this mode is that not all rules are fully learnt and when you switch to another mode, you will only then find out about what was missed.

pranjan

Verified
Nov 4, 2012
bitdefender is very good antivirus....its not that much heavy on system resources as kaspersky is......even the detection and blocking is better of bitdefender....

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ESET Smart Security and not because it has HIPS. It's a clean product compared to the others, no browser add-ins or unnecessary fancy widget/gadgets.

Decent AV with Web Protection. Clean UI and Anti-Theft coming in V6 (SS).

D

Deleted member 178

i agree with Earth, ESET's products are efficient with a clean not-fluffy interface and all features are really useful. not sating its lightness on system.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
De_Haos said:
Just wondering if Bitdefender is better like they say?
Which would you chose between : ESET Smart Security 5 ,Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2013?

What do you think?

i prefer kaspersky internet security

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
In terms of overall protection kaspersky hands down though it's a hog on resources (and don't say it does not slow down your pc :p...ive ran it on a core i5 with 6GB ram and it was slowed quite a bit on boot and not to mention overall RAM hogging, oh the horrors during gaming :|) as Bioz mentioned earlier, Bitdefender 2013 has issues i used it for a while not that's it not good or anything just that compared to previous version 2012 / 11 it lacks the punch and personally if i had to choose between kaspersky and bitdefender i would go for Kaspersky. Eset i hav yet to use it, just recently installed it, like the UI it's clean, neat and light..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.