Solved Is Bitdefender free antivirus page not rearchable?

Bitdefender
33 Replies 5,426 Views
It was some issue with controld dns; changing to dns0 zero solved the problem.

Capture.PNG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not on my end when I couldn't access the page as I don't use any type of DNS except the default in Brave and Chrome. So I'm not sure if disabling that would have helped, as it was never an issue loading that webpage in the past?
It was loading as usual, then stopped.
After changing dns to dns0, it resumed loading.
Reverted back to controld, stopped again.
 
It was loading as usual, then stopped.
After changing dns to dns0, it resumed loading.
Reverted back to controld, stopped again.
That is interesting, as I just tried it again disabling Chrome and Brave's "Use OD Default DNS" option (just in case), and the page was still blank. What just worked on my end, was disabling Brave Shield, and in Chrome, uBlock Lite. I would have to play around with those settings in the future if I ever have that issue again. Your post was very helpful in getting me to think outside the box :)
 
That is interesting, as I just tried it again disabling Chrome and Brave's "Use OD Default DNS" option (just in case), and the page was still blank. What just worked on my end, was disabling Brave Shield, and in Chrome, uBlock Lite. I would have to play around with those settings in the future if I ever have that issue again. Your post was very helpful in getting me to think outside the box :)
Tried several other dns providers for personal interest, they included cleanbrowsing, quad9, and adguard; page displayed with all.
I was using controld for blocking ads, but it can be easily replaced by adguard dns; both block ads.
 
still unreachable here .... nothing from BD . i thought the site is down


it may be ublock origin related thing because it works on OPERA
edit " after disabeling it now it is fine //// very wierd though
 
Last edited by a moderator:
still unreachable here .... nothing from BD . i thought the site is down
The same situation here; anyway, I had a very bad experience with B free and I do not think I am going to reinstall in the near future.



it may be ublock origin related thing because it works on OPERA
edit " after disabeling it now it is fine //// very wierd though
I would not blame uBO; still not loading even after disabling.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top