Advice Request Is Deleting Cookies the Only Way to Prevent Cookie Theft?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Appreciate the links and doing my best to understand the technology and terminology. Is the safest best to use such an extension (clear at intervals) or is this unnecessary being that I use a password manager with autofill?
There's something here concering password theft. Just note that passwords can be stolen in many ways

Last edited:

always_forever

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 1, 2021
There's something here concering password theft. Just note that passwords can be stolen in many ways

Thanks for the links.

So, unless I'm missing something, the takeaway for the github link is only use manual autofill (sounds a bit like an oxymoron) in password managers and ensure that you're on the correct login page before doing so.

The takeaways from the sentinelone page are never duplicate passwords, don't click on links in texts and emails unless you're sure they're safe, use 2FA wherever possible (which is quite a can of worms considering how insecure most implementations of it are these days), use strong (sufficient length / uncommon / etc) passwords which are stored securely / privately, have a strong security solution on your pc in general (AV / browser / OS / system / firewall / etc), and don't let the bastards grind you down ;]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.