Advice Request Is Driver Booster Safe ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is it safe

• Yes

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
On that report I would be concerned with why they are checking for RDP being active on a computer
Can you expand on that? How would I see that activity?

It will be a full Pro license.
Yes. I noted that. My "limited" remark was in regards to time duration as that was not indicated at the time of posting. Still, even a 6-month license is more than adequate as drivers (excluding video drivers) aren't often in need of an upgrade and often the better policy is to leave things alone unless you are experiencing a driver-related issue. In those circumstances, I would strongly suggest using the OEM sites for upgrades (and most of the better OEM site offer update tools to help select the appropriate updater).

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ehh you wrong, after install there are some malware in C:\Windows\Resources(\Theme)
Have you got logs or evidence to support your claim?
What source did you use to download Driver Booster?
IObit software installers may be bundled with sponsored software, did you check you didn't accidentally the PUA?

Before custom Windows themes, extra software is required to patch system files to allow user generated visual styles.

Last edited:
Reactions: roger_m and Nestor

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.