Advice Request Is Emsisoft really so impressive?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Aside from the superiority of the protections, people may have different opinions about the features.
For those who like to play around with the settings, the software may seem boring. For people like me, who find complicated processes tedious, this software is reticent and convenient.

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
One thing i really like about Emsisoft when compared with KIS is its threat handling- it automatically quarantines the threat and does not ask for user action. KIS is also excellent but for veey few 1% threats, it does ask for user action like disninfection/resolve even after the automatic option selected in settings. Also, for very few threats, it takes 15-20 minutes to resolve the threat.
Actually with Emsisoft, it is the opposite :) Emsisoft is known for dishing out lots of false positives (can also personally vouch for it since I use it). More false positives = more detections = more user interventions/actions! This is one of Emsisoft's main drawbacks actually.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Many online software designed by individuals as a hobby is unsigned, and many security software issues warnings. I think emisi is still easy when it comes to the steps to make it usable from there. It was the MS-Defender that I found most troublesome in this regard.

cpvv

Jan 13, 2016
I have used it for 2 days and i had something like 3 fp 😂
haha, i've been a reseller for EAM for years and the bb has so many fps, especially for unsigned binaries. essentially, if you have an unsigned app being started, the bb will block or freak out. it's obnoxious and will probably never be addressed. this includes innocuous things like printer software updates, game crash handlers, game launchers starting game executables, etc. things people do day in and day out.

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
After installing Emsisoft Business, I started and used all the installed programs. There were 6 or 7 FPs with unsigned program modules, which the behavior blocker objected to. Mainly these were modules from a stock market program. I have set the behavior blocker to "Alert only". I haven't had any FPs for several weeks now. If there were any problems, the support reacted quickly.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.