Advice Request Is Emsisoft really that good?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

idaho

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
Emsisoft cares about their customers very well. Paid (me for 7 years, no virus problems), we have real time security protection for good price, others can remove viruses for free any time, but is not real time protection in this free products. Basic business model, very fair for paid/unpaid customers. One thing is same for booth - for Emsisoft is every customer Valued respected customer. Can say that, Im with them for long time. Deeply recommending,try this security software, is simply the best at this time, what is on market now.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Wow..I step away for a few days and this thread has went completely downhill. Sorry Mr. Pr, but I was trying to keep an open mind but you have seriously went off the deep end man..to the point that Fabian was forced to respond to this thread haha. And to your skepticism of Fabian and his contribution to busting Ransomware, it's called Google, and you will see several articles about it. Like I have stated in another thread, there is Ransomware literally named after him due to him trying to help people out cracking so many different variants.

Based on your posts at the Emsisoft support forum, you insist on doing malware testing on your main system (look into VirtualBox and VmWare) and then demand tech support to help clean your system. You don't think that they haven't figured it out a while ago when I saw one of your threads nearly 3-4 pages long posting sample after sample for submission and then shortly after saying your infected.

You are fighting a battle you already lost. I have reached out to their tech support in the past quite a few times and they respond in a more than an acceptable time frame. I usually get David, and once he responds to my initial email, he responds to all subsequent emails within minutes. I would say that is pretty fast and very good service. So like many others have stated, their support is definitely up there and top notch even though they are somewhat limited in total staff numbers. I have dealt with other paid services where I typically have to wait days between emails..cough..cough..Surfright now Sophos. Great product but their support is kind of lacking. And to your constant point of that they pay just as much attention to free customers as paid..I say to you, who cares as long as they resolve your problem. I know if I was a prospective customer and they helped me out without actually purchasing anything yet, that I would definitely consider buying their product as result of helping me even though I wasn't a customer yet.

And on a side note can we please refrain from comparing getting a virus on your computer to getting one at a hospital. That is like comparing apples to hamburgers. There is no comparison. Talking about rich people getting helped and the poor not. That is going down a political path that I know this forum doesn't allow. Not to mention unless a doctor, nurse and all staff are willing to work for free, than no one is entitled to free healthcare, because it's not free. Someone else has to pay for it. You see what path that will lead us down.

Last edited:

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Thanks for that AV-Comparatives test. I have never seen it before. It really breaks down what data is being uploaded. And to the Emsisoft privacy skeptics I saw a lot more no's than yeses (I think that's a real word) compared to other companies. I really wish they would update that review since that one is 3 years old now.

Reactions: Xtwillight and Wave

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Just in case anyone was wondering why Mr.Pr is on his little crusade:

Phishing protection problem with VPNproxy ?

He didn't like the fact that his use case didn't get the attention that he thought it deserved. He even sent a scathing email to our CEO about it. ;)

I don't know why he insists that users have to wait for a day to get help with malware removal. His only case had been completely solved within 12 hours:

Help , i think i am infected

Other than that: You don't have to use the forum for requests. You can just send an email, which usually gets you even quicker replies or simply contact the support straight from the application. We don't offer telephone support, correct. We do offer free remote assistance, though. So if you don't want to do a lengthy exchange of messages, just ask for a Teamviewer session and one of our support guys will fix it for you remotely.

By the way, the reason why we offer the same support for everyone is rather simple: We genuinely feel bad for malware victims. A little-known fact about our support staff: We recruited most of our customer support representatives from malware removal communities, where they spent years before volunteering, helping remove malware from systems of complete strangers without compensation and often without as much as a "Thank You". Some of them even teach malware removal in big communities like BleepingComputer or GeeksToGo. Each and every one of them has a strong hatred for malware and wants to rid humanity of it. This passion and enthusiasm for a common cause can't be switched off just because the person asking for help didn't pay (yet) or put their trust into a different company. We will help no matter what if we can. You may think that is a flaw, but I strongly disagree.

Same goes for the decrypters. I am pretty sure we released the most public decrypters of any AV vendor in the past two years. Don't take my word for it, though. Just look at NoMoreRansom or Google for overviews (for example, Remove ransomware infections from your PC using these free tools | ZDNet). Dr. Web used to be quite involved in creating decrypters. A couple of years ago they decided to put access to their decrypters behind a paywall. First, you had to be a customer; then you had to purchase a special package for $150 to get their attention, which is still the case AFAIK.
Amen brother, Tell Mr. Thomas Ott I said Hello, he's a class A+ fella. ;)
Keep up the awesome work, and know you are appreciated !

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.