Advice Request Is Emsisoft really that good?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wave

I'm glad you suggested this because I was literally thinking earlier, "If only Nico was here... Perfect moment..."... Idk where he even went. He was talking about his product release before 2016 and disappeared again... lol

Reactions: DardiM

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Why not change the title : "Is Emsisoft really that good by"
by "Is Emsisoft support really that good"
?
you don't care about companies customer services. a lot of people may care about that !
you want to choose a AV, you may don't care about their support,
another one want to choose an AV, he/she may care about their support too !
we are answering here to all kind of opinions ;)

W

Wave

you don't care about companies customer services. a lot of people may care about that !
You can even see from the links Umbra gave earlier that you were treated pretty damn well compared to what you had been saying, they gave you malware removal assistance in same day and they solved your submissions in a very short time space.

You are literally the only person I've seen to complain about Emsisoft support in a long time

I understand what you are saying but it makes absolutely no sense since it doesn't add up to the facts o_O

edit: just reply to me in a PM if it's gonna be a big reply because I don't think this topic is wanted to continue further. my bad

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I thinks "Is Emsisoft support really that good" to replace ""Is Emsisoft really that good" could help members that have not yet read the thread to have a better idea of what is discussed here (nothing to do with my own opinion about the content :))

Last edited:

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Just in case anyone was wondering why Mr.Pr is on his little crusade:

Phishing protection problem with VPNproxy ?

He didn't like the fact that his use case didn't get the attention that he thought it deserved. He even sent a scathing email to our CEO about it. ;)

I don't know why he insists that users have to wait for a day to get help with malware removal. His only case had been completely solved within 12 hours:

Help , i think i am infected

Other than that: You don't have to use the forum for requests. You can just send an email, which usually gets you even quicker replies or simply contact the support straight from the application. We don't offer telephone support, correct. We do offer free remote assistance, though. So if you don't want to do a lengthy exchange of messages, just ask for a Teamviewer session and one of our support guys will fix it for you remotely.

By the way, the reason why we offer the same support for everyone is rather simple: We genuinely feel bad for malware victims. A little-known fact about our support staff: We recruited most of our customer support representatives from malware removal communities, where they spent years before volunteering, helping remove malware from systems of complete strangers without compensation and often without as much as a "Thank You". Some of them even teach malware removal in big communities like BleepingComputer or GeeksToGo. Each and every one of them has a strong hatred for malware and wants to rid humanity of it. This passion and enthusiasm for a common cause can't be switched off just because the person asking for help didn't pay (yet) or put their trust into a different company. We will help no matter what if we can. You may think that is a flaw, but I strongly disagree.

Same goes for the decrypters. I am pretty sure we released the most public decrypters of any AV vendor in the past two years. Don't take my word for it, though. Just look at NoMoreRansom or Google for overviews (for example, Remove ransomware infections from your PC using these free tools | ZDNet). Dr. Web used to be quite involved in creating decrypters. A couple of years ago they decided to put access to their decrypters behind a paywall. First, you had to be a customer; then you had to purchase a special package for $150 to get their attention, which is still the case AFAIK.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Dr. Web used to be quite involved in creating decrypters. A couple of years ago they decided to put access to their decrypters behind a paywall. First, you had to be a customer; then you had to purchase a special package for $150 to get their attention, which is still the case AFAIK.
Yes you need to be a Customer. and this service is free-of-charge for Customers! if you are not a customer then you need to pay its cost.

His only case had been completely solved within 12 hours:
based on my luck of cours. take a look at another topics created by another users.
but I strongly disagree.
this is an Opinion of cours every opinion is respectful :) my opinion also was that its not Ok that a company put equal priority on its Paid and Free Customers . thats it !
and about this topic(Phishing protection problem with VPNproxy ?), i have no personal problem with Emsisoft, i just said my opinion about your Customer Services thats it, i talked about this with David Bigger i guess he is in-charge with Support stffs as he explain to me about your politics well its good you are looking for more customers its very good you are showing yourself as a Hero to all people in the world who needs help in malware removal, great !
ScreenShot: http://i.imgur.com/ZhbSZrO.png
but you forgotten that what happens if one your paid customers need an urgent help ? still equal priority on him and your free users which you want to impress them and make them your customers. this was my way to review the way how your company is working, Emsisoft have its own politics i cannot change them but i can say the truth to people at least.

W

Wave

Are you a troll? They don't do it just because they get new customers, they genuinely want to help people. Obviously if people are getting helped for free and it works out for them then they might become more interested and become a paid customer, that's obvious.

However, you are making out like they are doing it for a "trick". Just no.

W

Wave

:D Fanboys are getting angry now
Hahahah good one :D... haha... haha.. ha ha ha! Laughing so much, right? right??? no.

You might think I'm a fanboy because my logo happens to be Emsisoft but for the record I use Avast or WD (switch between the two) or even nothing so not really, assuming that's aimed at me?

I honestly can't even tell you if you're trolling... that's worrying.

Reactions: Xtwillight

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Yes you need to be a Customer. and this service is free-of-charge for Customers! if you are not a customer then you need to pay its cost.
What's the difference then between paying for removal or paying to the ransomware creators? :D

D

Deleted member 178

We live in a world where business is dominant so some people think that because they can spend more than others, they must be treated better than others..

Hospitals are free for poor people in my country ^^

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
I don't think you understand the business we are in. We are not in the business of selling removal or removal support, like SpyHunter for example. That is why we literally give away detection and removal for free with EEK and we actually do consider EEK users our customers as well. What you buy when you pay for our products is protection from future attacks. That is what you pay for. That's why there is legitimately no point in offering different support levels.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
New We live in a world where business is dominant so some people think that because they can spend more than others, they must be treated better than others
We live in a world where business is dominant so some people think that because they can spend more than others, they must be treated better than others
Please buddy, don't show me such a wicked person. i just telling you the truth, this is the real-world ! real-world is wicked. is bad! cyber criminals don't know who is rich who is poor. this is not about these at all.. i just told you the truth, and also share my opinion/review about Emsisoft, Fabian Wosar is here also read my posts, if he cares, he'll think about them, or he may ignore them as useless opinions,
if you let me, i will exit from this discussion, you guys all of you are my friends and IMO we had very interesting discussion hope it helps to people to know Emsiosft more better, and then buy their product ( which is offering a great protection )
Good NIght guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.