Advice Request Is Emsisoft really that good?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wave

I am very curious how do you test/analyse companies CS and privacy policies.
Do you perform some audits (by visiting the company or via mystery call)?
Do you review their policies according to the international and country of residency law acts?
Or your opinions are based on biased fanboy-ish point of view?
I place down my bets that he was once a user of Emsisoft who made some silly decisions which lead him into infection, and then he didn't get instant support so he got upset... Even though the results from support would've been the same if he had gotten it instantly.

What happened to our patience?

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
experience in a good way, Allways is welcome its not a paradox i just couldnt be clear becuase of my not-very-well english :)
Excuse me for that.
experience in a good way ofcurse, the Emsisoft devlopers have more than enough experience in the security field. There are some underground forums where members hate Fabian because of the work against ransomware. The Poeple behind Emsisoft are topnotch and well known.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
both of them will do the exact same thing in 99.9% scenarios;
i'm not agreed.
the best option is to always format the system
for a software which is weak in terms of curing infection, not allways.not even in 99% of the times.
Using phone support is even worse than using online support from another system, what are you going to do,
this is not about what they can do. this is about that YOU. YOUR FEELING in that hard situation. someone is there at phone to tell you Relax, we doing our best to help you, you are not alone against this attack or infection.. these are all part of Customer Services !
The BEST option is to format
maybe for Emsisoft users only?
And he is a genuine technician so of course he would know.
maybe he knows Technical things better than me Ok i didn't ignore that ! i do respect @Umbra as such a knowledgable technician ! but our discussion was not about Technical subjects from the begining we was talking about Customer Services.
But if you really want to avoid a company just because they want to help people without money as well, well that says a lot...
IMO its not fair that they are puting equal priority for their paid customers and free users.
in the end thanks for your Compeletely ( Holy : )) ) explaination.

W

Wave

i'm not agreed.

for a software which is weak in terms of curing infection, not allways.not even in 99% of the times.

this is not about what they can do. this is about that YOU. YOUR FEELING in that hard situation. someone is there at phone to tell you Relax, we doing our best to help you, you are not alone against this attack or infection.. these are all part of Customer Services !

maybe for Emsisoft users only?

maybe he knows Technical things better than me Ok i didn't ignore that ! i do respect @Umbra as such a knowledgable technician ! but our discussion was not about Technical subjects from the begining we was talking about Customer Services.

IMO its not fair that they are puting equal priority for their paid customers and free users.
in the end thanks for your Compeletely ( Holy : )) ) explaination.
omg... urm ok wow lol

I'm concerned?

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Yes, i did test them with that Mystery calls which used in Av-Comparatives tests.
Do you review their policies according to the international and country of residency law acts?
i just search and was looking for old documents facts, and bad/good histories like a detective for 3years :)

There are some underground forums where members hate Fabian because of the work against ransomware
come on!! don't believe that Fabian Ransomware.. that was just a trick )) did you realy believe that he is such a big guy? :D what happened for Dr.Web which offering free decryption for its paid users in some ransomwares that still no one believe that Dr.Web can decrypt them ? : )))
what about Symantec? what about the other big names? what about Trend Micro which is saying the Biggest No ever seen to Ransomwares at the moment ? : ))) they just hate from Fabian ? LOL

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
Emsisoft is definitely up there for many reasons. I know it for its signatures and behavior blocking. BUT I do not recommend Emsisoft as your only solution, it plays a good role if you have a security config like I do.

For example, I have VoodooShield, Emsisoft AM, Comodo free, Hitmanpro Alert, and Zemana. This is more secure than having say Kaspersky Internet Security. As everything I have is the (or one of) best at what it does. For example, HMPA is arguably the best anti-exploit, hips, risk reduction, second opinion scanner. Emsisoft is one of the best when it comes to signatures and behavior blocking. Comodo is the best for its firewall and auto-sandboxing. VoodooShield is arguably the best anti-exe. And Zemana is a pretty good second opinion scanner, as long as you don't rely on it for real-time protection.

If you do not have a security config but rather want a one or two program solution, I would recommend Kaspersky Internet Security or Comodo Internet Security. Note this is not to say Emsisoft Internet Security is bad, it's that KIS and CIS are better one program solutions than EIS... again just my opinion from what I've used. Hope I answered your question!

Reactions: Like a Western!

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I place down my bets that he was once a user of Emsisoft who made some silly decisions which lead him into infection, and then he didn't get instant support so he got upset... Even though the results from support would've been the same if he had gotten it instantly.

What happened to our patience?
IDK bro. One thing is sure: every security product is as good as it's user.
If you use computers wisely, have good web surfing habits and you're listening to what your security software wants to tell you then you should never need to contact customer support to help you with infection.
In the past I have a real pleasure to contact support/devs from Emsisoft, Kaspersky, SurfRight, SoftSphere, Symantec, Heimdal and VoodooShield so I can tell that they were all very helpful, nice and professional (here is Dan from VS a real star as he answered my email on sunday afternoon :)).

W

Wave

IDK bro. One thing is sure: every security product is as good as it's user.
If you use computers wisely, have good web surfing habits and you're listening to what your security software wants to tell you then you should never need to contact customer support to help you with infection.
In the past I have a real pleasure to contact support/devs from Emsisoft, Kaspersky, SurfRight, SoftSphere, Symantec, Heimdal and VoodooShield so I can tell that they were all very helpful, nice and professional (here is Dan from VS a real star as he answered my email on sunday afternoon :)).
couldn't agree more :)

I guess there's always a small % of users that are more difficult/spoiled than others.. lol

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
To answer the question above, yes, Emsisoft is really that good.The quality of the products themselves and the superb customer care service puts Emsisoft easily among the best products on the market. Emsisoft is not perfect but they've achieve great results in so many areas. And it's especially impressive when you know that it's a virtual, and very small company. I always recommend people wanting to buy an antivirus/anti-malware to buy EAM or EIS. An excellent product at a good price.

@Mr.Pr
Why don't you help us understand, what you really like, and what you don't like about Emsisoft.I mean, stop playing on words and trying to justify everything. You are getting lost and contradicting yourself in every post. And i'm sure, i'm not the only one here who doesn't understand what is your point.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Dr.Web which offering free decryption for its paid users
Emsi offers their decryption tools for everyone for free :)
come on!! don't believe that Fabian Ransomware.. that was just a trick
Can you prove it?
i just search and was looking for old documents facts, and bad/good histories like a detective for 3years
Are you aware of the fact that people will most likely share their negative experience about products? So if your "research" is based on some anonymous opinions from the web instead of proffesional and accurate analysys then you should keep your findings for your self and do not spread them across like they were facts.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Why don't you help us understand, what you really like, and what you don't like about Emsisoft
God knows i did my best ! you don't want to underestand, its your problem !
only thing i said from the first post, was that Emsisoft is a very very good in Protection and also is a Hero for all of people in the world UNTILL a hard situation happens, in Urgent Situations Emsisoft will fails ( IMO ) becuase their paid customers and free users have equal priority in terms of Support. thats it ! this is the simplest way how i can exmplain my Opinion :)

Can you prove it?
sometimes things are a lot more easier and simpler to need a prove !
Are you aware of the fact that people will most likely share their negative experience about products?
Emsisoft as i said in normal situations is a Hero for all people in the world so you will not find any special negative experience or review about them, this was their trick, and it worked ! they was really Smart :) i respect them in this terms ;)

Reactions: DardiM

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I am very curious how do you test/analyse companies CS and privacy policies.
Or your opinions are based on biased fanboy-ish point of view?
Can I take a guess ? :p

D

Deleted member 178

ok, result of my investigations about @Mr.Pr and the reason of his criticisms.

1- he is an enthusiast user of EIS and regular member of Emsi forum

2- he play with malwares on his main machine i guess and submit samples :
Mr.Pr Malware Submissions
Help , i think i am infected
Problem with the Emsisoft ALERTS !

3- he seems to like scanners and ask advices about them.
second opinion scanner ?

4-he has basic knowledge on Emsi products
why Emsisoft won't Remove( auto ) this file ?

5- His issues seems to be the delay of the response of the support team; he want a faster response, when they told him it is maximum 1 day for everyone
Online Chat with Tech Supports / Remote if needed.

so my conclusion:

He his a average+ user that like to play with malwares, then sometimes his machine get infected (obviously) , and then want immediate response from Emsisoft because he paid for it.

Nothing much to say.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

For example, I have VoodooShield, Emsisoft AM, Comodo free, Hitmanpro Alert, and Zemana. This is more secure than having say Kaspersky Internet Security.
I disagree. :D You can completely lock-down system with some KIS tweaks and using "Trusted Application Mode" but stockpiling security software would just make your system more vulnerable and unstable if configured inappropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.