Advice Request Is Emsisoft really that good?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

you just ignored ZoneAlarm - outpost - Dr.Web Firewalls

None of them good enough to be compared with what OA was. The only one was Comodo FW v3 & 4

world is not such beautifull that Emsisoft trying to show you my friend. when you pay you are buying also services, those services what are they? support is most-important one of them. you will have support of course , BUT with equal priority with free users which is fault and Bad even in terms of Marketing Basic Rules. as i said its just a trick from Emsisoft to give more users ( i have their Support email they confirmed it ).

This is not your company nor you are an investor, you are just a customer, you don't like it, move on, find another vendor as i did. Simple as that. i don't waste my time with a vendor/product that doesn't satisfy my needs.

i just don't like their Support conditions thats it !

Just one opinion among thousands, so move on, there is plenty of other vendors.

i am a person who believe Support is more improtant than Protection. becuase i know 100% security is not exists, then you fill infect allways finally. so you'll need to have a backup , someone who have your back in hard situations. if you want to have your back yourslef , so why even buy a AV with Support services ?!! , in my tests, nothing is personal,

I need nobody to backup me , my backup if im infected? Format C: !
Once infected, remediation is pointless, total eradication of the infected environment is necessary.
I buy a product for its feature, not for the support team which most of them can't even reach my level of skill. Many members here know what i'm talking about...
Not saying most support teams are just employees from call centers located in low-salary countries (India, North africa, etc...) with minimal IT skills following pre-established procedure, procedure steps based on your answers.

The only time i mail a support team is when i have issue with my License. Most solutions could be found on Google and forums like here.

there is just some rumors about that they are working with KGB ( i heard that even from one of their Staffs and Russian people ) , but i didnt find any documention for that, i just don't want to trust a company which everyone heard that they are working to KGB and the company is silent about that ! Hail King Ragnar btw xD

that is common , biggest tech companies works hand-in-hand with government agencies , some others like Cylance are even funded by those agencies.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Once infected, remediation is pointless, total eradication of the infected environment is necessary.
thats an opinion too and i respect that :)
"Comodo Geek Buddy"
is that really support? : )))
this topic asked is that really good Emsisoft? i just shared my opinion about their support, everyone is not like you, they don't just format C, they may want their AV services too !
Not saying most support teams are just employees from call centers located in low-salary countries (India, North africa, etc...)
now i feel you only tested eScan ))

W

Wave

@Mr.Pr I think your point about the malware removal assistance is a joke because the user isn't paying money for removal support, they are paying for the protection - that being said, if the user is oblivious and makes dumb decisions then they will land themselves into an infection regardless.

The removal assistance is just a bonus, the same way that forums like BC and even here on MalwareTips you can receive malware removal assistance... If Emsisoft made a feature to pay for better support for removal then it'd be a different story, but they don't, it's completely free, therefore it has absolutely nothing to do with the paid customers. It's not joint, it's completely separate...

If everyone applied your logic to everything in life then it'd just be stupid, here's some examples:
1. Epilepsy patient is having a seizure outside a hospital but a paid customer has a broken arm so they are going to ignore the epilepsy patient who is having an on-going seizure until they've dealt with the rich man with the broken arm.
2. One school is poor and the other is rich therefore the rich school get funded even more money by the government and get more attention for support.
3. Windows is paid therefore everyone who needs support must be replied to by Microsoft directly for 24/7 on-going support - it won't work like this, imagine how many people are running Windows and would contact them every day? Imagine the staff count they'd need to do the support like this.

As for the support overall, Emsisoft support is much better than many other vendors. Some vendors don't even respond in English (the language you write to them in) sometimes, and some vendors don't offer any malware removal assistance at all (nor for free or paid users).

If you need support for malware removal then why bother going to vendors for support if you already know they are bad? Just go on a forum like this one and make a thread, send the logs and wait for the scripts back if it can be done..

this topic asked is that really good Emsisoft? i just shared my opinion about their support, everyone is not like you, they don't just format C, they may want their AV services too !
You realize that formatting the system is one of the best things you can do, right? Cleaning a system after infection is not actually a good idea and in some cases it cannot be done; for example, if the files have been infected then you won't be getting them back without a backup for them, and the only thing you can do is format... Even if you clean your system on a forum like this or through an AV vendor, you will never know if the system is really clean again without formatting unless you had the original sample/s which infected you (so you could reverse and trace back every action). An example for that would be in the case of a rootkit, new rootkits do new things all the time, so unless you knew how that malware worked exactly you can only try to clean it and you might "assume" it's clean again. List can go on

Therefore formatting and re-installing the OS literally is the best option for a normal user...

... Just make a backup...

Sorry but I agree with @Umbra for sure

Then again, it is an opinion like you said, and we are all entitled. Based on previous posts, I doubt you'll take this post as an "attack" because that isn't the intention. :)

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
I think your point about the malware removal assistance is a joke
now what happened for "respect to other opinions?" !
The removal assistance is just a bonus
these are opinions! in your opinion support means nothing, you just care about the software ! but a lot of people when buy a Software, care about their Services! respect to other opinions.
Sorry but I agree with @Umbra for sure
its Ok everyone have an opinion :D
As for the support overall, Emsisoft support is much better than many other vendors. Some vendors don't even respond in English (the language you write to them in) sometimes, and some vendors don't offer any malware removal assistance at all (nor for free or paid users).
we have nothing to do with that companies you are talking about, its clear always there is worst! i say Emsisoft Support conditions cannot make it a hero for its customers in hard situations, but in normal situations Emsisoft is a hero for all people in the world.
I doubt you'll take this post as an "attack" because that isn't the intention. :)
i love these discussions, these are interesting challenges ;)
you don't ( or don't want ) underestand my meaning because you have a completely diffrent opinion about security softwares, i have mine also, i hope these opinions help to peoples in choosing their Security Software/AV Company
------------------------
if sometimes i want to care only about Protection, i will go with this combo: Comodo Firewall + Avast Free , IMO this combo offering ~100% ( yup this time there is a 100% with this combo ) Protection :D but i love customer services simply, so... :D

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I used EIS for 1 year, I confirmed that those software is great.also they have Great,Really Great support!
Emsisoft also confirmed by Wiki Leaks as Trusted software so I really love their policy for users privacy.
They reply my ticket with respect and kind,so I have good dream on it :)
But its 3 BIG problem on it:
1-if you do't update it for over 3 days the volume of update go over 100 MB :D
2-its slow down boot time (may be bug?)
3-a person on Emsisoft has bad behavior :rolleyes:
btw after Kaspersky I go with Emsisoft :)

:)
also Some vendor did't respond in all :D
or respond bla bla bla :p

Would you mind elaborating on your opinion of Kaspersky and privacy as that has been the reason for my hesitation for not going with them in the past? BTW..Still don't think I'm over Ragnar yet :(
Kaspersky is Trusted by over 400 Milion Users and also over 270.000 company its not enough for...:rolleyes::D

Last edited by a moderator:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
if i had to , i rather choose a rude CEO saying straight but accurate/reasonable things like Fabian, than a sweet-talker saying improbable things like Melhi.... :p
I just realized something. I think Fabian is the CTO, not CEO. I think Emsisoft's CEO is Christian. :)

Yep! I'm right: Emsisoft | Who is Emsisoft?

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
New @Mr.Pr Why do you love them? You're ultimately responsible for your system and you're probably competent enough to be responsible for it.
becuase, we have not 100% security, anyway/finally you will get infect, so all the infection can be solved by yourself? who are you? Edward Snowden or Eugen Kaspersky? :D nope you are a Customer, when Customer exists, then Customer Service exists too ! so why you won't go with a Company which put higher priority on you than the others which are not their paid-customers?! how you can leave your back to a company which know your priority equal with their free users?! YOU CANNOT, of course you can if you don't care about Support and just think about a software and its technologies.. :D infact you are having only prevention. not curing ( yes prevention is better than curing but prevention never can offer you 100% security )
i love Support teams because they are doing their best they are helping you( Emsisoft is doing the same , but with equal priority, you may be in a hard situation, then you need to wait for them because? because they are helping a free user , they are bussy they have not time for you as their paid-customer at the moment !), lets bring an example, i did buy Dr.Web by paying 28.00 € ( this prices are not big deals ). well i love their support their policy terms, their protection also is very good, but i don't care too much about protection becuase it will fail finally somewhere ! lets see how their support works, they have a special choice in their support ticket services called Curing request or related, everytime i sent them a ticket about that they did answer me in less than 1 hour ( sometimes after 2minutes EVEN in holidays/weekends ) they have 24/7 phone support in case if i even have not acces to my system for sending them a ticket. so it feels great ! i feel safe becuase have them my back 24/7 every single minute ! but what about for example here Emsisoft? well you will go in their forum, you have a bad situation you are not relax your data is in danger, or you may be under attack, so they have not phone support if you cannot acces their forum, you're done ! we'll think you joined their forum, opened a topic in their removal help. your request will go in Queue and meanwhile there are 3 open topics also in their forum and some of them may be for free users, you will have to wait to their problem solved, and then a guy after 1-2 day is free to answer you ( this based on how you are lucky, it can take somedays or 7-8 hours ), so now you feel the diffrence, but in this world there are some guys like our dear @Umbra which consider themselves someone like a tech enginieer which can have himself back in hardest situations with only one thing to do ! Formatting :C :D
so if you are one of them like Umbra, yes only software is enough, and Emsisoft would be a very good choice for you :D

Reactions: Solarquest
W

Wave

becuase, we have not 100% security, anyway/finally you will get infect, so all the infection can be solved by yourself? who are you? Edward Snowden or Eugen Kaspersky? :D nope you are a Customer, when Customer exists, then Customer Service exists too ! so why you won't go with a Company which put higher priority on you than the others which are not their paid-customers?! how you can leave your back to a company which know your priority equal with their free users?! YOU CANNOT, of course you can if you don't care about Support and just think about a software and its technologies.. :D infact you are having only prevention. not curing ( yes prevention is better than curing but prevention never can offer you 100% security )
i love Support teams because they are doing their best they are helping you( Emsisoft is doing the same , but with equal priority, you may be in a hard situation, then you need to wait for them because? because they are helping a free user , they are bussy they have not time for you as their paid-customer at the moment !), lets bring an example, i did buy Dr.Web by paying 28.00 € ( this prices are not big deals ). well i love their support their policy terms, their protection also is very good, but i don't care too much about protection becuase it will fail finally somewhere ! lets see how their support works, they have a special choice in their support ticket services called Curing request or related, everytime i sent them a ticket about that they did answer me in less than 1 hour ( sometimes after 2minutes EVEN in holidays/weekends ) they have 24/7 phone support in case if i even have not acces to my system for sending them a ticket. so it feels great ! i feel safe becuase have them my back 24/7 every single minute ! but what about for example here Emsisoft? well you will go in their forum, you have a bad situation you are not relax your data is in danger, or you may be under attack, so they have not phone support if you cannot acces their forum, you're done ! we'll think you joined their forum, opened a topic in their removal help. your request will go in Queue and meanwhile there are 3 open topics also in their forum and some of them may be for free users, you will have to wait to their problem solved, and then a guy after 1-2 day is free to answer you ( this based on how you are lucky, it can take somedays or 7-8 hours ), so now you feel the diffrence, but in this world there are some guys like our dear @Umbra which consider themselves someone like a tech enginieer which can have himself back in hardest situations with only one thing to do ! Formatting :C :D
so if you are one of them like Umbra, yes only software is enough, and Emsisoft would be a very good choice for you :D
Most of the time you're data is either gone or recoverable depending on how the payload works, therefore it won't matter if you have support from Dr. Web within hours or wait days for Emsisoft...

If you get attacked with ransomware, your files are gone even with fast support. Unless you have a vendor like Emsisoft on your back, then you might get a decrypter.

If you get infected the first thing to do is disconnect from the internet anyway. Use another pc to contact someone... That way in the case of a backdoor it cannot operate and with anything else the damage is already done or it'll be recoverable

You can think whatever you want, it's your opinion.o_Oo_O

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
therefore it won't matter if you have support from Dr. Web within hours or wait days for Emsisoft...
in an accident your hand will cuts, so your hand is cuted and won't matter if you got a doctor right there or you have a doctor after 3days :D right? ))
If you get attacked with ransomware, your files are gone even with fast support. Unless you have a vendor like Emsisoft on your back, then you might get a decrypter.
first , all attacks are not Ransomwares, and you should know that speed is improtant in such these processes.
second, about that part of your sentence which a vendor like Emsisoft, Emsisoft in this term is something like BleepingComputer, just some good programmer which can make a decryptor for some Ransomwares, so Emsisoft is not only one and is not even one of their improtant one , take a look at this link: Dr.Web — Encryption ransomware — Encoder (Cryptolocker)
Use another pc to contact someone...
you don't have to , if your vendor have a phone support :D , and as i said you will have to wait even if have access to Emsisoft forum.
You can think whatever you want, it's your opinion.o_Oo_O
sure :p

Reactions: Solarquest
D

Deleted member 178

how you can leave your back to a company which know your priority equal with their free users?! YOU CANNOT, of course you can if you don't care about Support and just think about a software and its technologies.. :D in fact you are having only prevention. not curing ( yes prevention is better than curing but prevention never can offer you 100% security )

indeed, only Umbra Total Security can gives you 100% prevention/removal rate ! check the awesome rewards my product received !!!!

opNjQyT.png

and removing capabilities of Classic AVs doesn't guarantee you that your system is really cured; you have to use complex forensic tools that will take hours to check all potential infected areas. I rather format and install/restore a clean system.

but in this world there are some guys like our dear @Umbra which consider themselves someone like a tech enginieer which can have himself back in hardest situations with only one thing to do ! Formatting :C :D
so if you are one of them like Umbra, yes only software is enough.

Im not considering myself ! i am one, im The One ! :D

Indeed curing manually a system will be too long , not saying i won' t let anyone do whatever they want on my system ! and surely not a support guy which have no clues on how my system is set.
Just look in various forums , at all those amateurs using MBAM, Combofix , or whatever tools .... after lot of sweat , they all ended up smashing their system, corrupting/removing critical system files and what they do after? then just reformat lol !!!
Curing take hours while a format + restore take around 15mn to get a clean system. do the math, answer is unavoidable , format always win.

Then you will point : "some people may have important files or programs" , and you are right , but did they do the basic step? which is backup their important files and software licenses in case of smashed system? if yes , format C: is the way to go.

Ask every IT repair guy, customers need their system operational ASAP , 99% of customers didn't care i format their system, they want it ready for yesterday. Not saying, longer it takes, more money they have to spend ... some people ask me a cure instead of a format because they lost *cough cough , keygened* the license for their softwares. Of course i charge them more.

If you believe that curing is better than format + restore, then nothing can be said anymore...so i will let you play with those support forums (which are not made to help you clean your infected system but fix issue with the soft)

W

Wave

in an accident your hand will cuts, so your hand is cuted and won't matter if you got a doctor right there or you have a doctor after 3days :D right? ))

first , all attacks are not Ransomwares, and you should know that speed is improtant in such these processes.
second, about that part of your sentence which a vendor like Emsisoft, Emsisoft in this term is something like BleepingComputer, just some good programmer which can make a decryptor for some Ransomwares, so Emsisoft is not only one and is not even one of their improtant one , take a look at this link: Dr.Web — Encryption ransomware — Encoder (Cryptolocker)

you don't have to , if your vendor have a phone support :D , and as i said you will have to wait even if have access to Emsisoft forum.

sure :p
If you can wait 2 hours I will return and explain myself properly, i cant type large from a phone

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Oh Mr.Pr,
They wrote their opinions, and they do not like our opinion ... that's okay.

Emisoft and Support 95 Points
Kaspersky and Support 60 Points
Doctor Web and Support 60 Points
This is my personal experience

ex-mamutu the best BB, Unfortunately, no longer buy individually.

Your antivirus software monitors you (Year 2014)
The best privacy AhnLab and Emsisoft:
(Quelle:av-comparatives.org ) http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-conte ... 014_en.pdf

(Quelle:makeuseof.com ) http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/antivirus- ... sed-sends/
a new Test is for this Year Announced

I've been working with computers for 35 years
Computer systems MSX - Cpc Amstrad - Atari -Amiga - PC 286MHZ bis iCore 5.
Operating systems MSX- CPM-TOS-Amiga OS-MSDos-DR.Dos-Windows 1.0 bis Windows 10 -Linux.
A bit I have programmed in Basic & Assembler but only for fun.
And a Small bit malware analysis

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Doctor Web and Support 60 Points
how is this possible when Dr.Web was not in their test? did you just test Doctor Web yourself? LOL :)))
Your antivirus software monitors you (Year 2014)
monitoring is Ok untill they respect your privacy. in fact every single company need to monitor some issues in its customers systems for improve their services, this is a diffrent subject.
I've been working with computers for 35 years
years means nothing here in this industry. a 14 years old guy can hack a system which is secured by a 45 years old guy simply nowadays. maybe you don't know enough consider your age.
Computer systems MSX - Cpc Amstrad - Atari -Amiga - PC 286MHZ bis iCore 5.
Operating systems MSX- CPM-TOS-Amiga OS-MSDos-DR.Dos-Windows 1.0 bis Windows 10 -Linux.
A bit I have programmed in Basic & Assembler but only for fun.
The best privacy AhnLab and Emsisoft:
And a Small bit malware analysis
AhnLab is nothing, and Emsisoft have not enough experience in this industry, they just should not collect personal data, but still needs to collect some data ( no personal ) i hope they know that :)
----
so you are a knowledgable man in these terms, and i'm testing/analysing Companies Customer Services and Privacy terms about 3 years. i did read even oldest documents about them you may never seen before. this is normal, every guy will go in a diffrent way and become a professional in that. and this was my interest, to do research about Companies history, their bad/good history of cours, what are thei hiding what is their slogan and how is their customer services :) i'm sure you'll underestand

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
years means nothing here in this industry. a 14 years old guy can hack a system which is secured by a 45 years old guy simply nowadays. maybe you don't know enough consider your age.
Emsisoft have not enough experience in this industry, they just should not collect personal data
That paradoxum u just write there.. how ironic.

W

Wave

I would know because I've been in this situation, sliced my hand open and almost lost a finger on a railway station fence at my school and had to get transported to St. Georges for a plastic surgery operation; guess what, I had to wait until the following day for the operation because a child with a broken bone had to be attended first for the operation. What did they do during the 6 hours I was there (got let out at half one in the morning)? They patched up the cut enough to stop the blood from leaking out any further, enough to wait for the 15 dozen stitches the following morning... It wouldn't have made a difference if they did the operation that same night or the following morning.

You're right, not all attacks are ransomware-related... I don't recall saying this at all, which is good because I didn't (thank god my memory is still working). However, ransomware is very common in the wild these days since malware authors have a main goal of making money as opposed to just causing destruction these days.

In the case of a ransomware or any infection which affects the files themselves (e.g. virus infection), then there is nothing anyone can do to get back your files unless: the infection can be reversed (possible with some ransomware samples but very unlikely with viruses); or you have a system backup - therefore a backup image is reliable and important to have at all times, no matter how beginner or advanced of a user you are. If the infection is ransomware or virus related then by the time you notice there is a problem to gain any support, the damage is likely to have already been done; depending on the sample, the damage may be able to be reversed, however in some cases it cannot - if the damage cannot be reversed (e.g. strong ransomware sample or advanced virus PE infection) then the only option to get your files back would be through a backup, and the best option for cleaning is a format... If the damage can be reversed, then it neither matters how long you wait for support because the issue will be resolved.

When you request support, it's always best to use another system and to boot into safe mode to perform activities on the infected machine - a lot of people are already aware of this, and as a natural instinct some people will turn off the infected machine/disable the internet connection as soon as they believe there is a problem (not everyone, but a lot of people).

In most scenarios, waiting a few hours or waiting a few days will make absolutely no difference.

The point I am trying to make is that your point on the response times for malware removal support is flawed, because if the damage can be reversed then it'll be done even if you have to wait a few more days, and if the damage cannot be reversed then you've lost regardless of the support times... The only time your logic is not flawed is when it's applied to a backdoor-infection/data theft scenario, where the attacker can continue controlling your system to keep doing more and more damage; disabling the internet connection once you believe you are infected will resolve this problem, and also prevent any existing malicious software from contacting any available C&C servers for more instructions to do any more damage - in the case of a keylogger infection, it wouldn't matter if keystrokes were recorded, since if there is no internet connection then the information cannot be sent back anyway.

Whereas, with your logic, you are basically saying:
1. I have been infected with ransomware and all my files have been encrypted... It is ridiculous to wait 1-2 days for support from Emsisoft when I can get it that same day from Dr. Web... -> there won't be a difference in support since you're files are already lost. The reply time difference doesn't change anything.
2. I have been infected with a PE infector and my files are executing the virus loader code before they actually start-up to search for new files to infect. It is ridiculous to wait 1-2 days for support from Emsisoft when I can get it that same day from Dr. Web... -> once again, both of them will do the exact same thing in 99.9% scenarios; suggest you to format the system and reinstall the OS.
3. I have been infected with a keylogger -> 9/10 by the time you realize something is wrong, the keylogger will have already sent your keystrokes to the attacker and stolen whatever credentials you had been using the entire time it was active. Turn off the system/disable the internet connection and request support from another system -> same results.

Regardless of the situation, the best option is to always format the system - if you do not format the system you will never know if the system will ever be fully clean again, even if your AV scanners tell you it is... Unless you have the original sample/s to know how they worked to trace back every action it could do, you will never know if your system is back to how it really was without: using a backup; or formatting the system and re-installing the OS. A good example of this scenario would be with a rootkit, where your AV scanner may clean things (or even support may tell you it's clean after giving you some scripts -> traces are still left deep down, infection is still active somewhere but no one knows about it).

Using phone support is even worse than using online support from another system, what are you going to do, read out the logs to them and manually type in the god-knows-how-long script into your system (case-by-case basis depending on how long a repair script could be, etc.). Using scanners and relying on them to clean your system as opposed to formatting it is just retarded unless you know exactly what the infection was and how it worked. The BEST option is to format, and that is not an opinion, that is a FACT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you format your system then the only way malicious software can return is through infection of the firmware prior to the format, or hardware hacking... Firmware and hardware infection is an incredibly difficult thing, I don't think you realize how tricky it is to get started in that. Whereas, concealing evidence of an infection to trick anyone who is manually on your system, fooling AV scanners and logging tools (such as Farbar Recovery Scan Tool) is incredibly easy compared to infecting the firmware for example...

Basing how good a vendor is due to it's malware removal support is stupid, for the reasons above, but also because relying on them to clean your infected system is dumb in the first place - they cannot know if the system is ever going to be 100% clean again without formatting unless they had the sample/s which infected you in the first place, and chances are they won't know which sample/s were responsible. A security product is good for preventing an infection, but you'll become infected anyway if you don't make good decisions since nothing is full-proof as you've already said countless times (I can definitely agree with you on that one).

At the end of the day, you need to make sure you have a backup regardless of what vendor you are relying on for protection - if you get infected then revert with the backup or format the system and start fresh, don't even bother with malware removal services because they are a waste of time in a lot of cases... Even if you prefer not to format, it's the most secure option - once again, that's not an opinion, it's a genuine fact and if you cannot believe that then that tells me everything I need to know, period.

You might think that @Umbra and his posts are a joke but you can learn a lot from his posts, I've learnt a lot from them in the past. What he was saying earlier about formatting for example, it's based on facts and not opinion... And he is a genuine technician so of course he would know. The other things he's mentioned, such as usage of forensic tools, it's all accurate information as well.

Now moving back to opinions and not facts, I think that as long as a vendor can provide support on fixing issues and using the product itself (generally speaking) then it's perfectly fine. But if you really want to avoid a company just because they want to help people without money as well, well that says a lot...

If everyone was treated differently because of their background and money income then this world would be even crueler than it already is.. I can't even believe we are even having a discussion about all of this, it's quite embarrassing.

But honestly do/think whatever you want. I've expressed my point of view in exchange, there is no problem here... I can't change your opinion and we're all entitled to one.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
AhnLab is nothing, and Emsisoft have not enough experience in this industry, they just should not collect personal data, but still needs to collect some data ( no personal ) i hope they know that :)
----
so you are a knowledgable man in these terms, and i'm testing/analysing Companies Customer Services and Privacy terms about 3 years. i did read even oldest documents about them you may never seen before. this is normal, every guy will go in a diffrent way and become a professional in that. and this was my interest, to do research about Companies history, their bad/good history of cours, what are thei hiding what is their slogan and how is their customer services :) i'm sure you'll underestand
I am very curious how do you test/analyse companies CS and privacy policies.
Do you perform some audits (by visiting the company or via mystery call)?
Do you review their policies according to the international and country of residency law acts?
Or your opinions are based on biased fanboy-ish point of view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.