Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
ESET is ready to go right out of the box, offering a great balance of security and ease of use. While advanced users can tweak many settings, the default configuration is more than enough for the average person.hi
is ESET good for PC illiterates?
do you think that I would be better off with 'paid Bitdefender'? or free 'Avast'?There are a lot more options to tinker with, so if you don't know what you're doing, you could mess up something. So if you don't know what you're doing, then leave the settings alone, or get something that doesn't have a lot of stuff to tinker with.
Between those two, Bitdefender. But My pick would be either McAfee, Trend Micro or F-Secure. They have almost no settings to mess with so they're almost impossible to "break", unlike ESET.do you think that I would be better off with 'paid Bitdefender'? or free 'Avast'?
just block avastui.exe by Windows firewall and you will get no single ad.Avast got ads
Nice!just block avastui.exe by Windows firewall and you will get no single ad.
better with Eset imo.do you think that I would be better off with 'paid Bitdefender'? or free 'Avast'?
Yes, block avgui.exe.Nice!
Same applies with AVG for blocking the ads?
I think so, yeah.hi
is ESET good for PC illiterates?
It is as long as you install it and leave the settings alone.hi
is ESET good for PC illiterates?
Bitdefender can be found with cheap subscriptions. Same with McAfee and F-Secure. All of these have only a few settings that can be configured.do you think that I would be better off with 'paid Bitdefender'? or free 'Avast'?
You have options available to you. You can use one of these methods to stop the tampering.The problem is I find if those who don't understand & faff around with things they usually make things worse (not aimed at OP) , I'm now almost insistent on using programs on PC's i look after with few options, they really ought to be a fake mode so fingers that don't understand can fiddle with knobs & sliders & it make zero difference. Giving them the happiness that seems to come from faffing around with things.
I've mentioned it before but my other half messes around I'm sure with her Apple watch & phone until they mess up, theater mode seemingly comes on by its own etc, etc? Then me & my children toss up who is going to sort it out, my wife always says things disappear or move by themselves I'm not convinced (rant over)
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes