Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Compromising the corporate sector creates more headlines than the home users.I think even Eset got faulty updates during last year (Q4). But that did not made headlines much compared to the Crowdstrike.
Eset also got it's fair share of the business market it's just that Crowdstrike is at the top according to Gartner.Compromising the corporate sector creates more headlines than the home users.
Most I have faced recently were behavioral protection-related.False positives are a constant issue with antivirus software
Faced FPs with B, K, and Symantec, far more than MD and Avast-AVG.Microsoft as the "king of problematic updates" is a common sentiment within the tech community
I think Crowdstrike share of corporate sector is larger than ESET (considering it is a solely corporate product) which made the impact of temporary fault stronger.Eset also got it's fair share of the business market it's just that Crowdstrike is at the top according to Gartner.
It is techniqually easy, only after getting confident it is a false positive.how hard is it to create an exception?
following the concept "better safe than sorry".I rather have False Positives than False Negatives
True. Easier to create an exception on the FP( few clicks here and there) than doing Cyber Incident Response which is more troublesome( needs to report to regulators in a timely manner,need to answer the W's with the C Level execs etc,need to investigate employees etc)following the concept "better safe than sorry".
You can always contact customer care.It is techniqually easy, only after getting confident it is a false positive.
We forgot to mention FSecure is now using the Avira Engine. Better to do a trial of the AV mentioned here and observe which one suit your needs,pc specs,budget etc etc.thank you all for the replies.
I remember Bitdefender as being complicated.
I think that I am going to do a trail of 'F-Secure'.
We forgot to mention FSecure is now using the Avira Engine. Better to do a trial of the AV mentioned here and observe which one suit your needs,pc specs,budget etc etc.thank you all for the replies.
I remember Bitdefender as being complicated.
I think that I am going to do a trail of 'F-Secure'.
Always do a trial and see what works for you. That’s it, nothing else can be done.We forgot to mention FSecure is now using the Avira Engine. Better to do a trial of the AV mentioned here and observe which one suit your needs,pc specs,budget etc etc.
+1I rather have False Positives than False Negatives
What's easy is to set a PROTECTION LEVEL (smart, interactive, etc). Now to create efficient and safe HIPS rules, you need to have a basic understading level of process injection, registry modifications, driver loading and startup persistence techniques.Is it very complicated to configure Eset HIPS to make it much more reliable than self-protection?
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes