Advice Request Is it still safe to use Kaspersky ???

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Do you think it's still safe to use KASPERSKY products ??? I've heard many privacy related issue ... Please share your valuable opinion ....

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: B-rye and Sorrento

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I would also like to mention that please don't take this post seriously ( I respect 🙏 all members from all countries & I know that it's a renowned brand ) as a member I asked this question so give me your valuable opinion. Take care all of you.... 😊❤️

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
At the moment, I don't trust Russian companies. The situation Russia created makes me not wanting to give them any money. Just a personal reason. Perfectly fine if you trust them though.
This is a perfectly valid reason. As I said in previous comments there is a psychological aspect to choosing security software. If you don't feel safe with it, then change, but keep in mind that no solution will work 100% of the time.

I don't use Kaspersky now because it was silently blocking some elements in some pages I use for work even after I whitelisted them, causing them to malfunction. IIt also blocked my wife's work VPN even after I set everything to allow. If these problems are ever solved, I would have no problem going back to it.

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Yep.. Yep... YEP !

I repeat what I already said once...

I asked Kaspersky for the information during a discussion on a social network. It is true that I was also worried, and this is quite normal.

Kaspersky is a Russian company, but a private one.
Private companies are not subject to the Russian law that requires them to disclose data to the government.
Above all, Kaspersky has security and confidentiality standards, and was recently audited!

Then, if you are in Europe, Kaspersky has moved its servers to Switzerland. If you are North American, it is in Canada.

In short, if you use Kaspersky, you are not at risk at all.
Even if one day Russia is cut off from the world, Kaspersky has so many servers for updates and KSN that you won't notice any difference :)

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
This is a perfectly valid reason. As I said in previous comments there is a psychological aspect to choosing security software. If you don't feel safe with it, then change, but keep in mind that no solution will work 100% of the time.

I don't use Kaspersky now because it was silently blocking some elements in some pages I use for work even after I whitelisted them, causing them to malfunction. IIt also blocked my wife's work VPN even after I set everything to allow. If these problems are ever solved, I would have no problem going back to it.
Have you contacted with Kaspersky support to short out problems?

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Personally, I think that if you feel any anxiety or doubt, you should refrain from using it. When anxiety builds up, it eventually grows into a delusion. It's not just about software safety, it's about the psychological impact on users, so it's not limited to Kaspersky Lab.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Personally, I think that if you feel any anxiety or doubt, you should refrain from using it. When anxiety builds up, it eventually grows into a delusion. It's not just about software safety, it's about the psychological impact on users, so it's not limited to Kaspersky Lab.
I just want to know your valuable opinion that's it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.