Advice Request Is Kaspersky' hard drive diagnostics reliable ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 93475

don't think so I turn it off and most other things. Kaspersky has become very swollen
Nevertheless @harlan may be more knowledgeable as he tests the features kaspersky
or it may be useful for @Shadowra to test these features to find out their true capabilities and compare them with specialized programs such as Hard Disk Sentinel

Screenshot_50.png

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Hello,
Hello I'm using Kaspersky Plus and I'm wondering if Kaspersky' hard drive diagnostics is reliable ? :unsure:
In theory it should be, as it's reading the hard drive or SSD's S.M.A.R.T. diagnostic data, rather than doing its own testing.
I just took a look and Kaspersky is reporting both the SSDs in my PC as having 100% health. But, Hard Disk Sentinel is showing 97% health for one and 91% for the other. Perhaps HD Sentinel better supports my SSDs. But that's just a guess. Anyway, until now, I'd never noticed that Kaspersky had this feature.

flaubert1971

Level 2
Oct 14, 2019

Attachments

• 2023-04-11_193604.png
    2023-04-11_193604.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 127

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I tried Hard Disk Sentinel free trial and the results are complete for my HDD but not for my SSD (no temperature available); probably my SSD is too old ?!:unsure:
View attachment 274434View attachment 274435
View attachment 274433View attachment 274432
good thread!! my pc has 3 ssd, 1 internal hdd, 1 external hdd, none of which I was paying attention to, installed hdsentinel and it reports 1 internal hdd is soon to fail. good news all the others are "excellent" and I get temp reading on my ssds. This software is very comprehensive. thanks! :D

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Merci @Berny ;)
I'll try ASAP.
Is it necessary to uninstall Hard Disk Sentinel before using CrystalDiskInfo ?
lol, no, I'm not Berny, so my apologies, but since it's a zip file that just unpacks and doesn't install and is only run on-demand, you will be fine, as it will not conflict with HDS. Just maybe exit out of HDS first, if needed. Sorry, @Berny but I just couldn't curb my enthusiasm :)

crystal.png

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
lol, no, I'm not Berny, so my apologies, but since it's a zip file that just unpacks and doesn't install and is only run on-demand, you will be fine, as it will not conflict with HDS. Just maybe exit out of HDS first, if needed. Sorry, @Berny but I just couldn't curb my enthusiasm :)

View attachment 274449
Thanks @Jonny Quest
I really appreciate your enthusiasmand your help (and @Berny help too) ! (y) :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.