Advice Request Is Kaspersky' hard drive diagnostics reliable ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Pirform Speccy is free and is pretty lightweight (easy to install and uninstall) but is an installer. It does give a lot of useful information from the left-side drop-down options.

speccy.jpg

speccy2.jpg

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Did you try a second opinion with Crystal Disk Info (Portable) ?

lol, no, I'm not Berny, so my apologies, but since it's a zip file that just unpacks and doesn't install and is only run on-demand, you will be fine, as it will not conflict with HDS. Just maybe exit out of HDS first, if needed. Sorry, @Berny but I just couldn't curb my enthusiasm :)

View attachment 274449

Hum :unsure: , I think mine is not "portable" :unsure:

1Capture.PNG2Capture.PNG

Reactions: Berny

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Hum :unsure: , I think mine is not "portable" :unsure:
On the download page, you have the option to download the portable version as a zip file.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello @JB007

Please see → CrystalDiskInfo Portable (disk health monitoring) | PortableApps.com ?

View attachment 274522

You can open "CrystalDiskInfoPortable_8.17.14.paf.exe" with e.g. 7-Zip and extract the files.
My portable apps are all located on my internal "D" drive.

On the download page, you have the option to download the portable version as a zip file.

Thanks @Berny and @roger_m ; I'll try your links.
I got mine here Crystal Dew World :(

Reactions: roger_m and Berny

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.