Advice Request Is NextDNS Free plan sustainable, or should you upgrade to Pro plan?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The difference between Free and Pro are 300,000 queries/month vs Unlimited queries.

How is the free plan sustainable for the developers of NextDNS?

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
The difference between Free and Pro are 300,000 queries/month vs Unlimited queries.

How is the free plan sustainable for the developers of NextDNS?
I think because most people interested in filtering are interested in doing it for their whole network if they are going to use DNS. In which case they probably will go well outside the free limit. The free version gives those kind of customers a way to test it and see how well the product works. It's a good product. Personally as much as I like their setup I don't have a reason to pay for a DNS right now. But my short test was fun for playing with the tools they provide.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
I'm gonna pay for it even if the 300k queries are enough because they did an absolutely good work.
They deserve the support and it is cheap.
If you pay for a VPN pay for this instead. This product has make sense at least.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.