Is ReHIPS + SAP too much?

• Thread starter The paranoid one
  • Start date
T

The paranoid one

Thread author
Hi
I see that ReHips is a great tool, a bit complicated to understand at the first time, but it looks really reliable.
The "problem" is that I do not know with which to accompany it, I think all the possible accompaniments may be OverKill, but I like having more than one defensive line.

So, I do not know whether to accompany it from an AV with BB - I think mainly on BitDefender - or a cloud antivirus - SecureAplus without Clam AV - or an antiramsomware - Appcheck, whether to have activated or not WD ... Too much confusion o_O
Sure, I could have it all at the same time, ReHIPS + SAP + WD + BD free + Appcheck, well, no, I do not think so :unsure:
As you can see, I want to try out ReHIPS, but I do not know how to do it, I see that there are very few, if any, shared settings, so it is for me the most difficult learning curve.

Thanks in advance

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I like to have this config(if I was not using Eset)
Q360(also sandbox the browser with their sandbox)+Rehips+Hard_Configurator +simplewall so i have everything to keep my windows safe:notworthy:
Consider that Q360 is not that bad because those zero-day samples wil never hit us.
Where they come from? email or what? I never saw one of them lol

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
SAP does two things:
1 anti-exe
2 multi-cloud AV

ReHIPS does anti-exe better than SAP does.
The SAP multi-cloud is not a strong enough reason on its own to install the program.
So forget about SAP.

To complement ReHIPS, use an AV (on Windows 10, WD is good) and a firewall (for example, binisoft windows firewall control).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.