Status
Not open for further replies.

nissimezra

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I'll make short,

I've been testing sandboxie, I install comodo inside sandboxie, finished the installation, everything seems to be ok, no changes, but
today I opened chrome and and found extention trying to instal called privDog, done some serch and it's comodo's extension.

So something did leak from sandboxie to the system.

regards

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
It's most probably because you've logged in to your Google account on Chrome in Sandboxie. It saves your extensions, wherever you implement them.

Reactions: Malware1 and Ink

nissimezra

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
It's most probably because you've logged in to your Google account on Chrome in Sandboxie. It saves your extensions, wherever you implement them.
Maybe, but it is not suppose to leak coz I run it inside the sand box and from the desktop, just think about if it was malware.
what i also think maybe sandboxie has expectations for anti viruses, but anyway as i said it is not suppose to happen when running a program inside sandbox

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
Maybe, but it is not suppose to leak coz I run it inside the sand box and from the desktop, just think about if it was malware.
what i also think maybe sandboxie has expectations for anti viruses, but anyway as i said it is not suppose to happen when running a program inside sandbox

Think about it: When, for example, you upload a malware sample in Sandboxie to MEGA, people should be able to download it from everywhere else, no? Same case with making modifications while logged in. Try to log out and check the extension.

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
What Mateotis was trying to say is when your google account is sync'd online, next time when you open the browser its going to install the extension from the cloud. Just like how Firefox/Chrome syncs your history no matter inside sandboxie or not. To see it yourself try loggin out of google chrome and install Comodo inside sandboxie..

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
What Mateotis was trying to say is when your google account is sync'd online, next time when you open the browser its going to install the extension from the cloud. Just like how Firefox/Chrome syncs your history no matter inside sandboxie or not. To see it yourself try loggin out of google chrome and install Comodo inside sandboxie..

Exactly. Sync was the word I'm looking for, thanks. :D

Reactions: KaptainBug

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Sandboxie will open your current Chrome profile so it's likely it was Sync'd -as already mentioned.

You should create a new Chrome profile for Sandboxie, or use another browser.
chrome://settings/createProfile
upload_2014-4-17_15-37-37.png

Moved to Sandboxie discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.