• I don't know

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Takemaster

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2017
Hello. I saw fake libs and PrivApp folder when I'm looking in folder scan menu in Kaspersky Mobile. It says my device is clean. My device is Samsung Galaxy S7. Is that safe? Thank you.
Screenshot_20170909-221251.png

Reactions: brambedkar59

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Sometimes an app needs to execute native code, it can be an image processing library, a game engine or whatever. In such case, those ELF libraries will be found inside the libs folder, divided into architecture specific subfolders ( so the app will run on ARM, ARM64, x86, etc ).

I don't know what "fake" means in this analysis but I believe that seeing "fake-libs/libs64" is not enough to say malware.
Kaspersky confirms this so don't worry.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.