Advice Request Is there any antivirus that is free based on artificial intelligence?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@_CyberGhosT_ hi, have you tested DeepArmor against any sample? or you just use it in your clean host machine?

If I have time, I may request a beta license and test it against some samples to see how good it is compared to voodooAi

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_ hi, have you tested DeepArmor against any sample? or you just use it in your clean host machine?

If I have time, I may request a beta license and test it against some samples to see how good it is compared to voodooAi
Greetings Rain brother,
I have not tested this seeing it's in it's infancy.
I bet they would let you though.
I run it on a clean host with AppCheck, and HMP.A

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Real Ai would be a system that would be as skilled at recognizing threats as a very skilled PC user. Meaning none of the usual social engineering nonsense would work, no fooling with double extensions and Adobe PDF icons on EXE files etc. We are still light years away from that...

D

Deleted member 2913

@_CyberGhosT_
It alerts if verdict is 50% or above & in that sense quite a few FPs;)
I had tested & compared DA & VAi i.e usability test with few programs, just for personal fun & review And VAi fared better.

If you want, can PM you the details of my little test...

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
It alerts if verdict is 50% or above & in that sense quite a few FPs;)
I had tested & compared DA & VAi i.e usability test with few programs, just for personal fun & review And VAi fared better.

If you want, can PM you the details of my little test...
can you post it here? I think we all wanna see the tesr result :)

W

Wave

The entire "Artificial Intelligence" thing is mostly marketing, as people have already said in this thread... We are a long time away from seeing real AI implementations.

Anyway, regarding CylancePROTECT, I bet they just monitor the program's behavior and have a bunch of hard-coded/databases containing different mixes of API calls to decide when the program should be blocked or not, lol. You can't just monitor a program and "know" when it's malicious, they must be logging the API calls and then working with a scoring system or auto-block when specific APIs have been used/in a specific order.

It's not even as sophisticated as you'd imagine.. you'd be just as good with Avast, Kaspersky or Emsisoft.

Behavioral protection methods should come after signature detection because signature detection eliminates the chance for the malware to start-up and attempt to do anything in the first place... Web protection is also a good line of defense to block the malware download in the first place.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Behavioral protection methods should come after signature detection because signature detection eliminates the chance for the malware to start-up and attempt to do anything in the first place... Web protection is also a good line of defense to block the malware download in the first place.
I agree, and it would be fool hardy of me to run this beta software alone, let me make that very clear to any average users paying attention. I couple it with my safe practices, AppCheck & HitmanPro Alert.
Thanks for pointing that out Wave ;)

Emanuel.

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 28, 2016
I already contacted the deeparmor team with no luck. I filled out the form on 7/11/2016 without any news. Well that's it.
Greetings.

Today I received this mail :(

First of all, we thank you so much for submitting your entry. I checked into your situation and I apologize for any confusion about our beta registration contest.

Due to limited resources, beta test candidates are randomly selected and unfortunately you were one of the many folks not selected by our system to "win" a key.

We do appreciate your enthusiasm and keep in mind our product is undergoing a heavy change and the beta program will be shifting gears soon. Please stay tuned for more updates or come check our booth out @ RSA where we will be announcing something much bigger than the current 'Beta client' testing.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX
DeepArmor Support

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Today I received this mail :(
Here ya go brother, posts related to DeepArmor fit here better ;)
SparkCognition DeepArmor
Sarah from spark might see it and help you out, ya never know ;)

Well if i find a bug i dont want money for it. I do it because i have fun testing things out, thats all. Why u need to pay for everything. If u get money from it, u can be happy if not, do it because i like it, that easy.
Agree 100% and I Alpha & Beta for a wide range of software in the Gaming & Security software fields.
For me it's a passion, I enjoy it, and I am proud because there are far less appropriate hobbies I could
indulge in.
It's a win/win seeing most times I get to keep what I test or participate in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Parsh

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
There is no such things as AI , AI is just marketing stunt for AV vendors to get more customers, their so-called and fancy AI is just advanced heuristic algorithms. Don't be fooled
i am not on the same opinion the AI i something that you cannot make alone you need a lot of resources and brains and with resources i do not mean only money or etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.