Advice Request Is there any third party antimalware solution for android that doesnt have realtime protection?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

restwrst

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2019
Hi, I'm looking for android antimalware that doesnt have realtime protection and permanent notification on the notification bar. Is there any?

Reactions: Jack

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Yes, there are several third-party Android antimalware solutions that do not have real-time protection and do not show a permanent notification on the notification bar. Some examples are Malwarebytes for Android, Norton Mobile Security, and Avast Mobile Security. These apps allow for on-demand scanning and removal of malware, without running in the background at all times.

restwrst

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2019
Yes, there are several third-party Android antimalware solutions that do not have real-time protection and do not show a permanent notification on the notification bar. Some examples are Malwarebytes for Android, Norton Mobile Security, and Avast Mobile Security. These apps allow for on-demand scanning and removal of malware, without running in the background at all times.
Perhaps someone needs to confirm this.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Hi, I'm looking for android antimalware that doesnt have realtime protection and permanent notification on the notification bar. Is there any?
1678538812221.png

I use this set of antiviruses. All of them can be used as scanners without real-time protection except Bitdefender. I would recommend Eset, Malwarebytes, Avast. By the way, VirusTotal Mobile as a scanner can replace antiviruses in general, although it is not very user-friendly.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Bitdefender also have a free version without real-time protection.
Maybe I just wrote about the ones I have on my screen. The paid Bitdefender I can't get completely disabled, even with all the restrictions on background work, notifications, and other things. It just magically keeps displaying whether or not the new installed application is safe after all. :D

Reactions: Behold Eck

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

You can disable notification of your app from your phone.

You can disable real-time protection in your AV. Just use on-demand scanning

Last edited:
Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.