Advice Request Is using AdGuard for Windows and NoScript stupid ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Is it not necessary to use both or what ?
I have never used noscript before, but Adguard Windows caused some issues and it uses a lot of system resources. I am also not a fan of https filtering and disabling that option defeats the purpose of Aguard windows. Instead I am using Nextdns DNS over HTTPS and pair it with ublock origin to complement it.

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I don't think that it's stupid, but I also don't think that it's smart either. AdGuard is an adblocker and does block by predefined blocklists. The user doesn't have to do anything. With NoScript however, you are the main actor and need to learn what to block and what not to block. For me personally NoScript is too inconvenient for my day to day browsing, so I just stick with the AdGuard browser extensions and NextDNS.

PS: You can also use uBlock Origin which pretty much has NoScript and AdGuard all in one. (y)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I ended up buying the AdGuard lifetime family (10 devices) when it had a massive deal going on. The main use is for my phone, but I decided to try it on some of my computers. Used to be some slowness or trouble with websites but hasn't been the case in a while. Overall, happy with the purchase still. :)

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I ended up buying the AdGuard lifetime family (10 devices) when it had a massive deal going on. The main use is for my phone, but I decided to try it on some of my computers. Used to be some slowness or trouble with websites but hasn't been the case in a while. Overall, happy with the purchase still. :)
I had a 2 device lifetime license & updated it to 9 devices last year. Very satisfied with seeing no ads anywhere.

Note: I also use AdGuard Home on my router so my other devices are ads free as well (specially my TV).

Anyway on the topic, using noscript has nothing to do with adblocking so you can use both. It definitely helps as it can block ad scripts.
When i was using noscript, i also had a adblocker addon in the browser.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.