Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Thanks for sharing that link, @Parkinsond! The WDAC Policy Generator looks like a handy tool for creating Windows Defender Application Control policies. For those unfamiliar, WDAC helps enforce which apps can run on Windows systems, which is great for security hardening (e.g., blocking unauthorized software in enterprise or high-security setups).
First, the online method is easier; no need to install extra program.Why not use something like this? It's from a developer here on the forum. She includes all documentation for her scripts and offers a GUI.
Please make sure you read everything (preferably on GitHub because I had to remove so much formatting due to forum rules) so you will understand what each security measure means, why it's there and what to expect. everything is properly documented. also pay attention to the Trust section to see how you can 100% trust the GitHub repository and use the same tactics to verify the trustworthiness of any other similar thing you come across. Feel free to copy and fork the repository, actually I recommend to do it in the Trust section.
If you have any technical feedback...
- SpyNetGirl
- Replies: 76
- Forum: Other security for Windows, Mac, Linux
Command-line interface! I prefer dealing with GUI; never used Winget before.
Install WinGet with one command
- Works on Windows 10 (1809 or newer, LTSC included), Windows 11, Server 2019/2022
- Always gets the latest version of winget
- Open Windows PowerShell as administrator
- Paste this command:
This one?@Parkinsond , If you went to her site : AppControl Manager you will see a section "Use GitHub Packages". There is a line of Powershell you can copy and paste and it will install her app. Very simple.
winget install --id 9PNG1JDDTGP8 --exact --accept-package-agreements --accept-source-agreements --force --source msstore
Might not be until a user gets acquainted with it. It's pretty comprehensive enough (manually granular) that i just installed it myself. Thanks @Victor M
SpyNetGirl is an extremely militant pro-Microsoft Security advocate with a mind that is entirely closed-off from any other options or compatibility with much of anything. Be warned. If you attempt to use her utilities, the procedures to implement are long and tedious. They're also not compatible with quite a few things.
spynetgirl.github.io
I have not tried yet.@Parkinsond So Spynetgirl's app didn't work for you ?
I prefer portable apps such as WHHL or an online policy generator to avoid installing more programs.WDAC Lockdown - Automates Windows Defender Application Control with one click for powerful lockdown protection.
I would think this would be first call with WDAC? I think dan's tools are very good.
I always seek simplicity and usability; I am not a high-risk user to choose security over both of them.
Go to her site again, and find that code line. I think the copy and paste didnt work right. The pasted line is missing some chars at the end.I have not tried yet.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes