Advice Request Is Windscribe VPN family-safe?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Genux

Thread author
I found this when I uninstalled Windscribe VPN:
+ Windscribe

windscribe uninstall form.jpeg

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
LOL, i uninstalled mine last week and shut the feedback page down so quick that i didn't even notice that. I do agree with @Telos that it is very unprofessional even though i found it quite amusing on first glance, it doesn't say much about the type of customer they believe they have.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Eh. I think the founder of Windscribe is very aware of his main demographic which are probably younger people and millennials. Just like Malwarebytes with their cute robots which looks like a website promoting a video game. There is an increasing group of people who actually like this type of sassy marketing because it reminds them that there are humans who are behind these brands that are just like you and me as opposed to services that take themselves too seriously.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Yes windscribe likes to take a different approach to things ; not take life and things seriously like other companies , the like adding loads of pun and humor in their products and like this uninstall feedback , which makes them unique ( and harmless) I for one like their approach on things! ( the crack me up most of the time! ) ;) :)

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Yes windscribe likes to take a different approach to things ; not take life and things seriously like other companies
A concern is when this attitude spills over to service quality and security. Getting aorund geo-blocks is far differnet that trusting on a service that maintains strict anonymity and does not simply replace your ISP's tracking with another.

Time will tell.

Reactions: Weebarra
G

Genux

Thread author
How come you uninstalled Windscribe? If you don't me asking.

~LDogg
Still getting used to this site. Only need VPN security on a guest Wi-fi hotel and café, for my computer at home it does not need a VPN, that's just stupid.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I thought they said the bad words to you. Then I would've thought it to be unprofessional and demeaning.

Reactions: Weebarra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.