Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I got this one from my brother-in-law, on Facebook Messenger. He was hacked. Besides the poor English, which is not unusual in Internet messages, the text is very convincing. Who wouldn't want to know if they appeared in a YouTube clip?

Annotation 2019-06-19 065848.png

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Wow that's weird, did you tell him that he sent you that YT link?
Yes, and he replied that he was hacked.
To be fair, if you try to follow the link, Facebook gives you a warning that it might be malicious. But the choice is left up to you, and of course, your curiosity about what your brother-in-law saw you do on YouTube...

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I don't know what happens if you keep on clicking and clicking at every prompt that appears. I would only guess that it installs adware in your browser. If you want to play it out to the end, I could PM you the link.
I’m okay, no time for that type of thing. Actually I mentioned it to my wife and she said she got one a month ago. Alas it hit her iPhone and dead ended.

L

Local Host

landpage.co not convincing at all for me, average Joes would fall for it though.

Not to mention that's not how Youtube looks on those chats, and it's missing the link entirely (only shows a poor preview).

Is suspicious all over.

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
landpage.co not convincing at all for me, average Joes would fall for it though.

Not to mention that's not how Youtube looks on those chats, and it's missing the link entirely (only shows a poor preview).

Is suspicious all over.
Thanks, I don't really know what Facebook is even supposed to look like, as I hardly ever used it. Now I know better what to look for.

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Just reply back: "I don't think it's me, fam. My antivirus says that it's malware and, as far as I know, I'm not malware." :ROFLMAO:

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Just reply back: "I don't think it's me, fam. My antivirus says that it's malware and, as far as I know, I'm not malware." :ROFLMAO:
Yeah. something like that.

I guess this would be more my style: "Umm, that link looks a little strange, so just tell me: is it something I would be embarrassed of, or proud of?

Reactions: blackice

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.