Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Avast Free Anti-Virus (Tweaked Settings)
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Avast Free Anti-Virus (Tweaked Settings)
Zemana Anti-Logger
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge
Google Chrome (In case of emergencies)
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner
Kaspersky Software Updater
ExpressVPN
File and Photo backup
Google Drive
System recovery
Windows Backup, External HD

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
UPDATE: Brought back Adwarecleaner and Hitmanpro will use them in occasional scannings.

Reactions: Logethica

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hey everyone so I was curious about Zemana Anti-Logger do you think its an ok idea to add?

A

Alkajak

Hey everyone so I was curious about Zemana Anti-Logger do you think its an ok idea to add?

It definitely doesn't hurt in terms of security, but in my opinion, you are bloating your system at this point. A lot of your products can be removed by simply adding an anti-executable (NVT EXE Radar Pro, VoodooShield, AppGuard).

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
It definitely doesn't hurt in terms of security, but in my opinion, you are bloating your system at this point. A lot of your products can be removed by simply adding an anti-executable (NVT EXE Radar Pro, VoodooShield, AppGuard).

Zemana Anti-Logger won't be used then. :)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Summer cleaning! Removed Adwarecleaner, HerdProtect, HerdmalPro, and Hitmanpro

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Zemana Anti-Logger Free or Paid?
Curious about adding a VPN is there a good free one I can use?
Why do you require a VPN? What are your preferences to said VPN?

I would consider using one for accessing blocked content or when using local hotspots. On the other hand, a VPN for your mobile isn't a bad idea, since you're more likely to use foreign Wi-Fi than on your computer.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Zemana Anti-Logger Free or Paid?

Why do you require a VPN? What are your preferences to said VPN?

I would consider using one for accessing blocked content or when using local hotspots. On the other hand, a VPN for your mobile isn't a bad idea, since you're more likely to use foreign Wi-Fi than on your computer.

I was thinking Zemana Anti-Logger Paid. Would I be more secure with a VPN out of curiosity. Anything blocked from my country probally wouldn't be of interest to me anyway. I am more curious about being secure with a VPN if I am. However @Alkajak thought it would bloat my system a little bit so now I'm not very sure.

A

Alkajak

However @Alkajak thought it would bloat my system a little bit so now I'm not very sure.

I had said that it would help your configuration, but you could part ways with a lot of your software by replacing it with something more efficient. I had not said that you should remove just the one program because it is bloat.

Zemana AL is a fine program, and does not cause bloat by itself.

Reactions: Noxx
P

PEllis

How are you liking ZAM? Do you think it will replace MBAM for RT protection?

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Malwarebytes is guilt tripping me. Multiple times I have set it NOT to run at startup and yet it does. Same with removing scanning and updating. Zemana is pretty good quite a few false positives. Better blocked than infected though. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.