jamescv7's config

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So this is my mainly security config i don't have any problems nor conflicts and yes a common sense was needed.

Puppy Linux= Occasional purpose only
Peppermint OS = Browsing matters only
Windows XP SP3= For student purpose and often browsing.

EMET (Windows XP SP3)
Toolwiz Time Freeze
Online Backup Storage: Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Firefox is enough to me i just want add ons :) For speed and security is fine enough.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Well Firefox is enough to me i just want add ons :) For speed and security is fine enough.
You may think that, but use Opera and you'll never want Firefox back. :winktongue:

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Hopefully Opera will have more extensions in the future. I am missing Xmarks.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Change from Firefox 4.0 to Mozilla 6.0 Alpha one (Nightly) Accepted the consequences will be.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Change from Firefox 4.0 to Mozilla 6.0 Alpha one (Nightly) Accepted the consequences will be.
Alphas are not meant for public consumption.
Why are they already on version 6? Where did version 5 go?

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I will gonna change from aurora channel cause in nightly seems there an issue that annoys me but yes I accept the consequences thus I'm testing it.

Edit: Just back to stable, I just wanted to test and since its alpha age.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I'm using puppy linux by booting in USB and copied to RAM. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes, PC Tools Firewall is nice its easy to understand but when it comes to Win7 SP1 there is an issue there

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
So this is my mainly security config i don't have any problems nor conflicts and yes a common sense was needed.

Also some hardening from EMET and Spywareblaster.

Real-time protection: Norton IS 2011
On-demand scanners: Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, NPE, hitman pro, TDSS killer (just get dangerous lol)
Browser(s): Firefox 4 with the addons of browser protect, adblock plus and WOT. or use IE too

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
What are you talking about win7? Your set up? This thread is about jamescv7 set up. If you want to show your set up make a thread of your own. Cheers.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Dieselman said:
What are you talking about win7? Your set up? This thread is about jamescv7 set up. If you want to show your set up make a thread of your own. Cheers.

sorry i'm just wrong about my post
sorry my friend

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So in Puppy Linux the only thing I set to "on" was their Firewall.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No I just only turned firewall on to make it simple.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Page one

Updated config, the only thing removed was Clearcloud DNS even I have a plan to migrate in Norton DNS I prefer to my default DNS ISP.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Firefox addons in Linux: WOT, Adblock, Browser Protect, Search Security Engine, Click&Clean and Trafficlight.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Removed Superantispyware Free as On demand scanner. For the meantime HMP and MBAM will be stayed at my system.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.