DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Zemana AntiLogger is better suited for real-time. o_O

I used to do Avast + Zemana Logger for protection for awhile. However, with just Avast I had a pretty good non-infected period. Not entirely sure if the system impact is worth it though.. (I am a game,r and my computer is already a potato so I need as much system resources as I can get, while staying secure of course!) If you do really recommend it I could go back on it. :)
Appreciate the suggestion!

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I believe you don't need ZAM /ZAL when you use tweaked avast because it won't improve much your protection. Just some signatures for non-zero-day malwares undetected by avast => less work for hardened mode (prone to false positives)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hey guys for the past few days I have been thinking. hardeningwindows10forsecurity.com I briefly looked at this guide and thought it was interesting. Anyone here on the forum use it or recommend it? I have the time to do it but I am more of a gamer. (Steam usually updates games so I don't know what to do.) You think my current setup is good enough or should I format and try this.. :)

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Does it give content creators revenue though? What does it do? I don't really understand.
Basically it's designed to muddle and obfuscate your interests. The idea is that it clicks on every ad on the page, regardless of what said ad is attempting to sell/promote so that the algorithm behind interest-based advertising doesn't really know what you like/dislike, it just sees you clicking absolutely everything. I like the idea in theory but it's not an effective way of combating it. There are so many other means of gathering information on you by ad agencies. Cookies, fingerprinting, local/session storage, third-party scripts, sentiment analysis and more.

Hey guys for the past few days I have been thinking. hardeningwindows10forsecurity.com I briefly looked at this guide and thought it was interesting. Anyone here on the forum use it or recommend it? I have the time to do it but I am more of a gamer. (Steam usually updates games so I don't know what to do.) You think my current setup is good enough or should I format and try this.. :)
Site seems to be dead, for me at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHvFl and DJ Panda

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Well I guess it is because I copied it wrong. Harden Windows 10 - A Security Guide. How to secure Windows 10 Sorry about that! :p
I gave it a skim over (don't have the time right now to read the entire thing); it's pretty extensive and I'd argue completely overkill. I do agree with some stuff in there, but a lot of it is completely unnecessary. No need to start disabling different protocols and ports and services to try and reduce your attack surface.

Reactions: SHvFl
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.