Emisoft Antivirus
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome
Maintenance tools
Jet Clean

jkenny

Thread author
May 31, 2016
This is my security config I just improved cuz i had an infection recently. Damn Usb flash drives.

Reactions: DJ Panda
N

Noxx

If you have a particular issue with USB malware, consider MCSHIELD. Have you considered installing Windows 10? If not, why? Thanks for sharing your config.

jkenny

Thread author
May 31, 2016
In a few words...I tried to update to W10, but i needed to update bios, and I cant update BIOS because my laptop doesnt have battery xD.
I just left past some time before update to W10 (you know fixing bugs w/e) and then....battery die. So..... LMAO xD.
Can you give some feedback about W10?
MCSHIELD? im gonna look into it, Thank you.

Reactions: DJ Panda
N

Noxx

Win10 is very similar to 7, except it's significantly more secure with Windows Defender/Smartscreen and other features. Speed wise it's on par with 7, some will say it's faster, but either way, 7 was always incredibly optimized in my opinion. Another good thing is Win 10 is compatible with a lot of older games. Overall, I just like 10 because it's got a slick look and it's more secure. It comes with a lot of new features which you can look into, but for someone who just browses and plays games, it works well. If you're not keen on a lot of the telemetry features, there are tools available to disable them, but I don't recommend that for various reasons.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I saw you are running Reason Core Security
I don't know much about it
what is your opinion, and why did you choose it?
by the way, isn't Emisoft Antivirus a realtime protection?
If so, you are running two realtime AVs simultaneously??

EDIT: now I see that reason core is a complementary product.
So you are running only one regular AV, which is Emisoft. Fine.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, like I said, I don't know much about Reason Core.

rigor

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2016
well, in that case he has doesn't have a regular AV at all.

Good point. I have never used Reason Core Security, I thought it was a anti-virus.
EDIT: Now I get it, @jkenny is using Emsisoft Anti-Malware as his real-time protection and Reason Core Security as his on-demand protection. (Im guessing...)

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Add Zemana Anti-Malware as an on demand scanner. Other than that pretty good.

Reactions: frogboy

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Definitely using something such as McShield would be beneficial.
Are you using Emsisoft Antimalware or Emsisoft Emergency kit ?
You can run EAM in realtime
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
A backup solution is a must as @frogboy suggested those 2 software's are reliable, and run EAM(if thats what your using) real-time as Reason Core is a companion anti-malware. MCSHIELD is an option if you use your thumb drive often, I prefer Shiela USB shield...

Thanks for sharing your config!:cool:

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
You might wanna add a REAL AV. I'm not saying Reason Core isn't an AV it's more of a Companion AV/second opinon scanner than a Main AV. I recommend avast! AV and 360 TS, both are free.

Reactions: silversurfer

jkenny

Thread author
May 31, 2016
I saw you are running Reason Core Security
I don't know much about it
what is your opinion, and why did you choose it?
by the way, isn't Emisoft Antivirus a realtime protection?
If so, you are running two realtime AVs simultaneously??

EDIT: now I see that reason core is a complementary product.
So you are running only one regular AV, which is Emisoft. Fine.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, like I said, I don't know much about Reason Core.

One beer for shmu26 pls xD

Maybe he is referring to Emsisoft Emergency Kit?

Its Antimalware :).

Finally I updated my BIOS, and the only thing why I'm thinking about updating to W10 its if graphics will improve (well i have to say it looks pretty good), I updated my laptop (Dell Vostro 3550) as well (proc, hdd and ram) to:

Intel Core i5 2450
6 GB RAM
120 GB SSD ADATA

And 1 more question, wich's better (updating from w7 or clean install)???

Ty for all your comments.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
One beer for shmu26 pls xD

Its Antimalware :).

Finally I updated my BIOS, and the only thing why I'm thinking about updating to W10 its if graphics will improve (well i have to say it looks pretty good), I updated my laptop (Dell Vostro 3550) as well (proc, hdd and ram) to:

Intel Core i5 2450
6 GB RAM
120 GB SSD ADATA

And 1 more question, wich's better (updating from w7 or clean install)???

Ty for all your comments.
updating from windows 7 might work great, and might not.
The right way is to clean install. But it's a job.
The lazy way -- which might work -- is to just click on "update". Only one way to know.

Reactions: DardiM

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
When updating from Windows 7, you can keep your apps / files.

But if you doesn't mind to reinstall some programs, a clean install will always be better, I think (don't forget to backup your personal data :) ).
And like @shmu26 said, it could be a job :p

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you have an ample of time, then clean install is the best way but on other circumstances just create a backup if you are planning to upgrade.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
if you decide not to do it the clean way, it is highly recommended to first uninstall security softs with deep-reaching hooks and drivers. The average AV can simply be disabled for the upgrade process, but something like Sandboxie or Appguard should be completely uninstalled.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.