Status
Not open for further replies.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
UPDATE 05.09.2015 - JM Anti-Phishing 0.9.0 BETA released!
  • "Scan with VirusTotal button" added
  • Graphic updated! :)
cattura1456-png.71091

Download links updated in the thread ;)

Last edited:

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
The "Scan with VirusTotal" button simply opens VT homepage? Is that a joke?

Why doesn't it open an URL in this format which will show the scan report (and request a new scan if needed)?
Code:
https://www.virustotal.com/url/submission/?force=1&url=URL

M

MalwareT

The scan may take some minutes.. Are you serious ?

I agree with Malware1's post above. And black background around radar was not supposed to be.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
UPDATE 06.09.2015 - JM Anti-Phishing 0.9.1 Beta Released!!

What's new?
  • VirusTotal scanner button improved. Thanks @Malware1 for the link :)
  • GUI updated :) :D
Download links obviously updated ;)

NOTE: Sometimes VirusTotal scanner button doesn't work, because it doesn't open the browser.

091.PNG

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could you explain why "The scan may take some minutes"? And if an Internet connection is required, you could mention it on the GUI.

Any plans to make it a browser extension, or something that does not require Java?

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Could you explain why "The scan may take some minutes"? And if an Internet connection is required, you could mention it on the GUI.

Any plans to make it a browser extension, or something that does not require Java?
The scan may take some minutes because the link must be checked in the databases, and this can take some time, the time obviously depends on connection speed.
I hope in the future that Java will not required anymore. ;)

M

MalwareT

Use Visual Studio or Qt Creator,both are C++ based and Free. And i think that instead of Clean should be Clear because clean mostly means on removal (for malware).

Reactions: Ink
M

MalwareT

And one more question: Why is there Close button when you can simply just press Close button at top ? :D

Reactions: JM Safe
M

MalwareT

Oh i see :D Well you don't need it :) Qt Creator or Code::Blocks are very good programming softwares.

M

MalwareT

I used Java before. If you want a challenge,do Fortran ! :D I mostly used C++ so i know basic stuff like if else, switch, and all other variables.

A

Antivirus Tester

I will test it out soon and will use it i think it is going to be a great product and i would like to see it be a browser extension @Jo Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.