Not open for further replies.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
UPDATE 02.09.2015
  • Added in the thread the databases used (I didn't do this before, because maybe I'll change one of the two databases or I'll add another one in the future versions)
  • Higher percentage of detection
  • Program icon changed :D
  • Download links updated (in the thread)
TRANSLATIONS:

Well, the languages avalaible in the future versions of JM Anti-Phishing will be:

Last edited:

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hello @Jo Man !
I had just an idea : add the version in the main UI of the soft.
Information for all users : you can upgrade from Beta 0.8.0 to 0.8.1 by just install the new version. You don't need to uninstall and reinstall !
Cheers !
Thanks for the information!! :) I'll add the version in the title of the software window ;)

L

LabZero

Hi @Jo Man, mini feedback about V 0.8.1 BETA;)

I'm testing your program and in this version It compares the input link with those in the PhishTank and Clean-Mx databases.

It is positive that this database contains hundreds of items but when I entered a site definitely labeled as phishing, the software responded "No malicious link detected" and this may disorient the user.

Cattura1.PNG

Cattura.PNG

In my opinion when a controlled site (malicious in this case) isn't in the databases does not mean that it's safe, so it would be appropriate to modify the scan result, for example "Unchecked Link".

The Java function to verify the link requires a lot of time to scan that will increase if you increase the size of the database, but I am sure this will be improved in future versions.

Good work:)

Last edited by a moderator:

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015

I'm testing your program and in this version It compares the input link with those in the PhishTank and Clean-Mx databases.

It is positive that this database contains hundreds of items but when I entered a site definitely labeled as phishing, the software responded "No malicious link detected" and this may disorient the user.

View attachment 70682

View attachment 70683

In my opinion when a controlled site (malicious in this case) isn't in the databases does not mean that it's safe, so it would be appropriate to modify the scan result, for example "Unchecked Link".

The Java function to verify the link requires a lot of time to scan that will increase if you increase the size of the database, but I am sure this will be improved in future versions.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to solve these problems. :)

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015

View attachment 70682

View attachment 70683

UPDATE 03.09.2015

Done. Download links of the 0.8.2 BETA version are online.

Sadly Clean-Mx database is currently down, so JM Anti-Phishing don't work correctly. Hope the problem will be solved soon ;)

M

MalwareT

UPDATE 02.09.2015
  • Added in the thread the databases used (I didn't do this before, because maybe I'll change one of the two databases or I'll add another one in the future versions)
  • Higher percentage of detection
  • Program icon changed :D
  • Download links updated (in the thread)
TRANSLATIONS:

Well, the languages avalaible in the future versions of JM Anti-Phishing will be:
  • Spanish - already occupied by @Sr. Normal
  • French - already occupied by @TheSuperGeek
  • Russian - if you are interested PM me :)
  • German - already occupied by @Enju
  • Polish - already occupied by anonymous
  • Slovak - already occupied by @FireShootSK
  • Czech - already occupied by @FireShootSK

May i provide Bosnian translation ?

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Don't change the default installation directory with each version please, it's really annoying.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Don't change the default installation directory with each version please, it's really annoying.
Ok, the default installation folder is "C:\Program Files (x86)\JM Anti-Phishing 0.8.2 BETA", anyway if you want click on browse, and change the default directory to your favourite one ;)

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Ok, the default installation folder is "C:\Program Files (x86)\JM Anti-Phishing 0.8.2 BETA", anyway if you want click on browse, and change the default directory to your favourite one ;)
I can, but currently people can't install new versions over the older ones easily, it's simply installed as another program.

Reactions: frogboy and JM Safe
M

Mr. Tech

Suggestion(s):
1. Use a different icon for the stable version as your current one is the icon for evernote.
2. Maybe add a theme for the program - something dark and flat? :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.