114.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Please uninstall following software:
iLivid (HKLM-x32\...\iLivid) (Version: 4.0.0.2901 - Bandoo Media Inc) <==== ATTENTION
VideoPerformer (HKLM-x32\...\VideoPerformer) (Version: - PerformerSoft LLC) <==== ATTENTION

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 4

Joe12

Thread author
Feb 14, 2017
OK, I downloaded the fixlist.text file and saved it on the desktop. I ended up by putting all the downloads associated with this process in the same folder in my downloads folder. Program ran and generated a fixlog.txt doc as you know, now I'll do my best to get it sent to you. FYI-computer color is much better and seems to be working normal in IE for the past 5 minutes, anyway I want to get the file to you and then I'll be more thorough in my testing. Let me know if I sent you the wrong file.

Thanks for the help, til you reply and I'm going to see if I can now download Chrome unless you suggest I do not?

Joe12

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 1

Joe12

Thread author
Feb 14, 2017
Download Chrome now and let me know if it runs okay.
Yes, I downloaded Chrome and it seems to run fine. I notice that for scrolling the page, I used to left click the screen and use the down or up arrow to scroll, however, that no longer works--now I use the left click and hold down on the scroll slider(?vertical control) to make page scroll. And, wouldn't you know, now I just noticed a small Java update icon in the lower right of the page suggesting I need to update? (not sure if this is what got me into this problem to begin with)
Another question, This is a Toshiba laptop, which came with many company programs already loaded--I don't think I use any of them, should I remove them?? to help increase computer speed, efficiency? Any suggestions for improvement graciously accepted ...... what type of beer do you like?
Thank you for your help,
Joe12

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Regarding Java it used to be needed several years ago for accessing web content. It has been proved over the years that Java is highly exploitable and insecure piece of software so majority of websites moved to more secure tech. Chances that you'll need it is very low, so you can uninstall it. Should you need it sometimes, it is 2 clicks from you :)

Regarding unneeded software, yes, there is a plenty of unneeded software there and I would open control panel and uninstall everything that you don't need. Make sure to leave software that has driver in it's name in order not to lose some functionality.

Beer is just a metaphor, but I do drink it. Choose something good for me :D

Since there are no more problems, we can declare this PC clean
thumbs_up_smiley.gif

Now, we can proceed with post-cleanup procedures. Let's remove my tools and create a new, non infected restore point concurrently deleting old ones.

Step 1. - Creation of system restore point and tools removal.

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt). I don't need it for review.
Tool deletes old system restore points and creates a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Step 2. - Tips and tricks to keep your computer clean, safe and in a good shape.

Security tips - highly recommended reading:

Maintenance tips:

Additional software that I personally use and install on all my clients devices:

• Zemana AntiMalware (paid version highly recommended) - to work as a supplement for your antivirus but with excellent remediation and protection
  • Zemana AntiLogger - keep everything you type on keyboard out of sight of bad guys trying to steal your credantials
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit - to prevent plenty of mostly exploited vulnerabilities.
  • McShield - to prevent infections spread by removable media.
  • Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.
  • uBlock - to surf the web without annoying ads!
  • Qualys BrowserCheck - cloud service that scans your browsers and plugins to see if they’re all up-to-date.

My help is free for everybody.
If you're happy with the help provided and/or wish to show your appreciaton, please consider a donation:
Thank you!​

Stay safe,
TwinHeadedEagle :)

Joe12

Thread author
Feb 14, 2017
Regarding Java it used to be needed several years ago for accessing web content. It has been proved over the years that Java is highly exploitable and insecure piece of software so majority of websites moved to more secure tech. Chances that you'll need it is very low, so you can uninstall it. Should you need it sometimes, it is 2 clicks from you :)

Regarding unneeded software, yes, there is a plenty of unneeded software there and I would open control panel and uninstall everything that you don't need. Make sure to leave software that has driver in it's name in order not to lose some functionality.

Beer is just a metaphor, but I do drink it. Choose something good for me :D

Since there are no more problems, we can declare this PC clean
thumbs_up_smiley.gif

Now, we can proceed with post-cleanup procedures. Let's remove my tools and create a new, non infected restore point concurrently deleting old ones.

Step 1. - Creation of system restore point and tools removal.

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt). I don't need it for review.
Tool deletes old system restore points and creates a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Step 2. - Tips and tricks to keep your computer clean, safe and in a good shape.

Security tips - highly recommended reading:

Maintenance tips:

Additional software that I personally use and install on all my clients devices:

• Zemana AntiMalware (paid version highly recommended) - to work as a supplement for your antivirus but with excellent remediation and protection
  • Zemana AntiLogger - keep everything you type on keyboard out of sight of bad guys trying to steal your credantials
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit - to prevent plenty of mostly exploited vulnerabilities.
  • McShield - to prevent infections spread by removable media.
  • Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.
  • uBlock - to surf the web without annoying ads!
  • Qualys BrowserCheck - cloud service that scans your browsers and plugins to see if they’re all up-to-date.

My help is free for everybody.
If you're happy with the help provided and/or wish to show your appreciaton, please consider a donation:
Thank you!​

Stay safe,
TwinHeadedEagle :)

HelloTwinHeadedEagle ,
OK, I wanted to spend a couple of days using the computer to see if everything stayed working alright. It sure seems to be back to normal. So, today I come back to your finishing up instructions and download delfix, BUT Norton says it's dangerous and deleted it....so I'm in a bit of a quandry..........do I disable Norton and then finish or just leave things as they are ....Joe12 Thanks again

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
You can disable Norton and run the tool without worrying about it. It is most likely a low reputation detection, meaning it is very rarely seen in Norton network.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.