Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Yes, I downloaded Chrome and it seems to run fine. I notice that for scrolling the page, I used to left click the screen and use the down or up arrow to scroll, however, that no longer works--now I use the left click and hold down on the scroll slider(?vertical control) to make page scroll. And, wouldn't you know, now I just noticed a small Java update icon in the lower right of the page suggesting I need to update? (not sure if this is what got me into this problem to begin with)Download Chrome now and let me know if it runs okay.

Regarding Java it used to be needed several years ago for accessing web content. It has been proved over the years that Java is highly exploitable and insecure piece of software so majority of websites moved to more secure tech. Chances that you'll need it is very low, so you can uninstall it. Should you need it sometimes, it is 2 clicks from you
Regarding unneeded software, yes, there is a plenty of unneeded software there and I would open control panel and uninstall everything that you don't need. Make sure to leave software that has driver in it's name in order not to lose some functionality.
Beer is just a metaphor, but I do drink it. Choose something good for me
Since there are no more problems, we can declare this PC clean![]()
Now, we can proceed with post-cleanup procedures. Let's remove my tools and create a new, non infected restore point concurrently deleting old ones.
Step 1. - Creation of system restore point and tools removal.
Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
Tool deletes old system restore points and creates a fresh system restore point after cleaning.
- Run the tool by right click on the
icon and Run as administrator option.![]()
- Make sure that these ones are checked:
- Remove disinfection tools
- Purge system restore
- Reset system settings
- Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
- All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt). I don't need it for review.
Step 2. - Tips and tricks to keep your computer clean, safe and in a good shape.
Security tips - highly recommended reading:
Maintenance tips:
Additional software that I personally use and install on all my clients devices:
- Zemana AntiMalware (paid version highly recommended) - to work as a supplement for your antivirus but with excellent remediation and protection
- Zemana AntiLogger - keep everything you type on keyboard out of sight of bad guys trying to steal your credantials
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit - to prevent plenty of mostly exploited vulnerabilities.
- McShield - to prevent infections spread by removable media.
- Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.
- uBlock - to surf the web without annoying ads!
- Qualys BrowserCheck - cloud service that scans your browsers and plugins to see if they’re all up-to-date.
My help is free for everybody.
If you're happy with the help provided and/or wish to show your appreciaton, please consider a donation:
Thank you!
Stay safe,
TwinHeadedEagle![]()
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes