Assigned Join Zemana Beta Group

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
I am glad to see a Zemana rep sign up here at MWT. As a current subscriber I had lost hope and uninstalled ZAL. Now that I see Zemana have woken up and willing to reach out to their customers the program has been reinstalled. Thank you for giving me hope that my multi year subscription will not go waste.

dragongate888

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Hi guys! Many of you noticed that I joined Malwertips few days ago. For those who do not know me, I am a Zemana employee and I will be here to communicate with you, share news from our company, solve issues caused by our software and gather your feedback.

We are aware that our products were loved by many of you because we were different from others in the sense that we were solving our users' key pain points.

Last year we received so many complaints that our technology is not what it used to be, how our detection is bad, lazy support, lack of updates...We promised some things but we were not able to keep our promises. Yes, we agree, we had your trust and we lost it.

Now, we are trying to win you back. We are going step by step and we are positive that in the end of this journey we will be able to do it.This time we are focused on being a costumer oriented company where the key for our business will be our users' needs and feedback.

And we start from you guys. We will make the first step with you.

I know that you want to get an answer for ZAM Ultimate and we will give you one. There is no ZAM Ultimate. Not because we wanted it like that. Just we were going through some hard times and this is the end results.

But on the other side, you can call it whatever you want it Ultimate, Pro or xyz but we have a new version of Zemana AntiMalware and we focused to build a product that makes the job done.

We improved the things you wanted but now we need your help.

I invite all of you to join our closed beta community.

On Monday, all of you who joined will receive a setup for Zemana Antimalware 3.0 beta version.

Just please keep in mind that this product is still in beta and it has many bugs and issues and most importantly it's not totally done yet.

That's why we need your help. Test the product and share your feedback with us so we can improve it more and more.

Thank you for your support.
From marketing perspective, a new version of product is ALWAYS welcome by its users, however,-----
amid many best wisher, I DO have a very serious question needing the vendor to shed few lights--
Do you have, at this moment, a stable version of product(s)? if any,
what are they and their corresponding versions, so that I can check my cyber inventory, THANKS.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
First and foremost - welcome to MT @Miss Onnellisuus ! I am very excited and happy to see a person from Zemana join out community here at MT!

I'm so happy to see that there is development occurring with Zemana. I appreciate your sincerity and honesty about where Zemana has been and where Zemana will be going @Miss Onnellisuus ! I will not speak for others, but friends of mine are all excited to hear the great news about a new BETA release coming out. I for one will admit I am trilled to see this. I haven't given up on Zemana as I have always had a feeling things will change in a positive/great way. I'm happy to also hear that lifetime licenses (existing licenses) should also be honored. I know I purchased a few licenses direct from Zemana in the past and want to continue using those licenses in the new release(s). I am a believer and a supporter of Zemana.

Again, I cannot say thank you enough Zemana for joining MT and for giving us the ability to BETA test your software. I look forward to providing valuable input. For me, it looks like I have been in the Zemana Beta Program for a while so I should be set.

One big question - for those that have multiple PCs can we use the BETA license on lets say our desktop and on our laptop? I know I have been part of a BETA that limits the install to one (1) PC/computer.

~Brian

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Hi, everyone:
I have these info from Zemana website: the most recent stable versions of
ZAM v.2.74.2.150 (8/21/2017)
ZAL v.2.74.2 .150(8/23/2017)
correct me, if necessary.
Is it wise to advise many of my followers to use them ? or---
Yes even the engine/program doesnt get major update, its cloud does update....so you can use it untill they release new version of ZAM

D

Deleted member 178

Hi @Miss Onnellisuus

Can I Install the Beta Version over the last Final Version of Zemana Anti-Malware when yes that ist good

With best Regards
Mops21
Not a best practice.

New version, probably new driver, etc...

From what I read, this is not even a beta yet, more an almost finished alpha.

Serious Beta-testing is usually done on installing the tested app on a security-free system. Since devs expect feedback from eventual issues with the OS, stockpiling it with other security apps would make the results inaccurate.

This is not yet public beta testing, where we look for incompatibilities with softwares.

dragongate888

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yes even the engine/program doesnt get major update, its cloud does update....so you can use it untill they release new version of ZAM
THANKS.

@dragongate888 I get cloud updates to my products still - and have been for quite some time. I see the cloud updates pulling stuff down.

@Moonhorse glad you helped to clarify that for users.
THANKS.

One of the things I don't like about ZAM is the fact it leaves drivers behind.

Main reason I stopped using it overall.
I concur your finding. You need go to Windows>system32>drivers to locate ZAM driver and delete it manually.
Mind you, even well-known third party uninstaller apps are unable to clean it. Perhaps, in safe mode, user may be able to do so, but I have not get a chance to do it yet.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I concur your finding. You need go to Windows>system32>drivers to locate ZAM driver and delete it manually.
Mind you, even well-known third party uninstaller apps are unable to clean it. Perhaps, in safe mode, user may be able to do so, but I have not get a chance to do it yet.
To be able to delete it, you need to search for and delete the registry key which loads ZAM's driver. After rebooting you will be able to delete it.

Uninstallers which scan for leftovers won't know that it is a leftover which needs to be deleted. But it can be an issue for uninstallers which monitor installs. For example, even though Install Monitor shows the ZAM driver in the list of files to be deleted, it fails to delete it. However, this will be fixed in a future update to Install Monitor.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.