Assigned Join Zemana Beta Group

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Not a best practice.

New version, probably new driver, etc...

From what I read, this is not even a beta yet, more an almost finished alpha.

Serious Beta-testing is usually done on installing the tested app on a security-free system. Since devs expect feedback from eventual issues with the OS, stockpiling it with other security apps would make the results inaccurate.

This is not yet public beta testing, where we look for incompatibilities with softwares.

Hi @Umbra

Thank you very much for your Infos

With best Regards
Mops21

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
Hello guys, I read all of the comments. It is so nice to see how you help each other. It is true one of my work responsibilities is to be present on MT, but I did not expect I would be this much happy to be here. I actually think I can learn a lot from you :)

ZAM v.2.74.2.150 (8/21/2017)
ZAL v.2.74.2 .150(8/23/2017)
are the last stable versions- Like @Moonhorse said , cloud does update. so you can use it :)

@Lightning_Brian asked: "can we use the BETA license on lets say our desktop and on our laptop? I know I have been part of a BETA that limits the install to one (1) PC/computer?"- You can use it only on one device, however, you can always P.M me and I can increase your capacity :D

@Mops21 asked "Can I Install the Beta Version over the last Final Version of Zemana Anti-Malware when yes that ist good?"- You can install, both version on same computer, but please keep in mind something can happen and you should be ready :). @Umbra explained it better than me- Thank you @Umbra.

@Local Host wrote: "One of the things I don't like about ZAM is the fact it leaves drivers behind.Main reason I stopped using it overall." Well I am sure you will like ZAM once we fix this issue in a new version! :D

Last edited:

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hello guys, I read all of the comments. It is so nice to see how you help each other. It is true one of my work responsibilities is to be present on MT, but I did not expect I would be this much happy to be here. I actually think I can learn a lot from you :)

are the last stable versions- Like @Moonhorse said , cloud does update. so you can use it :)

@Lightning_Brian asked: "can we use the BETA license on lets say our desktop and on our laptop? I know I have been part of a BETA that limits the install to one (1) PC/computer?"- You can use it only on one device, however, you can always P.M me and I can increase your capacity :D

@Mops21 asked "Can I Install the Beta Version over the last Final Version of Zemana Anti-Malware when yes that ist good?"- You can install, both version on same computer, but please keep in mind something can happen and you should be ready :). @Umbra explained it better than me- Thank you @Umbra.

@Local Host wrote: "One of the things I don't like about ZAM is the fact it leaves drivers behind.Main reason I stopped using it overall." Well I am sure you will like ZAM once we fix this issue in a new version! :D
@Miss Onnellisuus yes here at MT all users love to help others users and that is simply wonderful! :)

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

Hi @MissyToby

Thank you very much for your Infos, too

With best Regards
Mops21

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hello, Zemana! Some initial impressions. The interface is clean and responsive, the quick scan is smoking fast on my big i7--seven seconds! Does the "amdrv" belong to Zemana? If so, it produces a warning in Event Viewer. Please see my snip below. A little hang at shutdown the first time but no major delays with restart/boot (keeping in mind no RTP yet, that's the big test). I will keep on the system for a while longer--if anything pops up, it'll go here. :emoji_ok_hand:

amdrv.PNG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.