Assigned Join Zemana Beta Group

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hello, two questions:

1. What exactly does Browser Cleanup do? Just remove cookies, or more? I do observe small activity in task manager from Zemana service when I close Firefox.

2. The task in Task Scheduler (AMHelper); is it active? Can someone explain this more--a scheduled scan? With HitmanPro, you can see a black screen at boot with Surtright at the top when it does its sched scan. Does/will Zemana do this also? Task is currently disabled.

I have a fairly powerful i7 8700k, 48 GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB NVME SSD. Either case I'm impressed!!

I'm also impressed. :whistle:

Edit: As reported by others, the amdrv driver persists in System32 after Zemana is uninstalled but could be removed without going into Safe Mode.

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
@ZAM3_PO Hello, can I enter my email address to activate the product? Thank you in advance. Best regards.

It works on the mobile version but not the desktop one... that's why I've been asking if the 15 days trial will auto reset every time a new version is launched or if a beta key will be given to testers...

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
So the installer will keep stable release installed but you have to access throught program files to run it

So on desktop it will install the beta version

Its fairly agressive, should be nice against unknown threats, basically waiting for people that are posting to malwarehub run the beta there

When and if we get the realtime protection enabled, should crucial test be done

@Moonhorse, yes, we give this opportunity keep stable release until 3.0 is also stable. And yes, once we are done with the realtime we will use your valuable help to test it and perfect.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
That is strange. I have CCleaner and the intel assistant and did not get those two flagged
I found it weird too, so I sent a feedback through the app. I looked in the C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Zemana\AntiMalware\reports and found one by the extension of ".json". How do I open it?
Edit: Notepad can open a .json file, here is the content.
{"Id":"2018-18-12--20-00-34","ReportDate":"2018-12-18T20:00:34.7126987+05:30","ReportVersion":1,"ScanInfo":{"ProductName":"Zemana AntiMalware","ScanType":1,"ScanStatus":3,"ScanDate":"2018-12-18T20:01:43.7643659+05:30","ScanDuration":"00:01:09","ScannedObjects":1608,"DetectedObjects":5,"ExcludedObjects":5,"AutoUpload":false,"OS":"Windows 10 x64","Processor":"4X Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz","BIOSMode":"UEFI","DomainInfo":"WORKGROUP,False,NetSetupWorkgroupName","CUID":"-------deleted--for--paronoid reasons :p----"},"DetectionObjects":[{"MD5":"FAA8EEB7CE732A124E19FC385CB55D99","Status":"Scanned","Object":"c:\\users\\*****\\appdata\\local\\gaijin\\program files (x86)\\netagent\\gjagent.exe","Publisher":"Gaijin Network LTD","Size":2125384,"Detection":"Could not scan!","Action":"Exclude"},{"MD5":"9360847AEE13C1E745C0EF7228F0F4E5","Status":"Scanned","Object":"c:\\program files (x86)\\intel driver and support assistant\\dsaservice.exe","Publisher":"Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant","Size":23288,"Detection":"Could not scan!","Action":"Exclude"},{"MD5":"D962E38DC575B45B0C009224D662E7DB","Status":"Scanned","Object":"d:\\backup\\throttlestop\\throttlestop.exe","Publisher":"TechPowerUp LLC","Size":463016,"Detection":"Could not scan!","Action":"Exclude"},{"MD5":"6FC3744A80CC11FD097D94EC5C29298B","Status":"Scanned","Object":"c:\\program files\\ccleaner\\ccupdate.exe","Publisher":"Piriform Software Ltd","Size":548824,"Detection":"Could not scan!","Action":"Exclude"},{"MD5":"F84B1DB5EF2887FF5A5DAB32ADE6AFDC","Status":"Scanned","Object":"c:\\program files (x86)\\intel driver and support assistant\\dsatray.exe","Publisher":"Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant","Size":126200,"Detection":"Could not scan!","Action":"Exclude"}]}

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
This is why there should be still the report button for false flags ( and have human to look up the samples sent) instead of ''ecxlude and close''
Wich would reduce false flags in overall and in real time, is this possible?

Yet its well detailed the suspicious file found now, and experienced user can see wich is false and wich not

But if the userbase is going to be average joes, they probably get scared of falses

Reactions: stefanos

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Mops21, yes it is intended to be like this. When we have a stable version we will abandon this old path and start using the new path. Ofc, we will help clean everything from previous versions.

Ah okay thank you very much for your infos

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: ZAM3_PO

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
1) Zemana alpha 3.0 is not detecting Eicar test file when doing on-demand scan... is that normal behavior? Zemana AM 2.0 does detect it.

2) Will the Alpha version of 3.0 auto-update or do we need to manually update for each new release?

3) Will we need certain beta-keys later on for this beta? I only have 3 licenses for Zemana Antilogger 2.0.

Hello @shadek

1- As smart scan targets currently running process or processes which have potential to run, it will not detect malware that is not active and sitting on your disk. It will detect running processes or process that have potential to run and harm your PC.
2- We will frequently start pushing updates starting from now. these updates will mostly be manual. However please note that we can push an auto update if we see a cruial bug in the application.
3- Unfortunatelly only previous Zemana Antimalware licences will also work for this version.

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
boombastik: I am comparing Zemana to HitmanPro in this context, which also has no RTP. :giggle:

Edit: After the quick scan is completed, there's text stating something to the effect that it is not the quick scan's job to detect malware you may have placed on your machine, or something like that. I don't know what to make of that--can I get more info as to what areas the quick scan is checking?

Hello @plat1098

This is just an indication that Smart scan only scans files that are running or may run on your PC. As smart scan targets currently running process or processes which have potential to run, it will not detect malware that is not active and sitting on your disk. It will detect running processes or process that have potential to run and harm your PC. When the Full scan is released it will be able to detect all sorts of threads :)

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
I have a question.
Is there a change in the language setting specification in the beta version? Because the Japanese language file of ZAMver 2.7 is distributed informally, I would like to know if diversion is possible.

Hi @show-Zi

We have change our localization format a bit. We will inform you later when we start working on support of other languages. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.