Assigned Join Zemana Beta Group

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Getting these on every restart - have sent bug reports, but just in case these are not working ...
I'm pretty sure everyone is getting the same error. I am too. Also the glitch when you open up the GU for the first time where it looks weird for a bit it a bug a lot if not everyone is getting.

I feel it should get fixed in the next version, maybe because it is Christmas/new year holidays that is why it is taking a bit longer to get fixed.

AriDfoix

Level 3
Verified
Sep 2, 2018

Attachments

• zemana.png
    zemana.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 239

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Anyone else still gets files deleted when using send to quarantine? It always wants to delete one of my dictionaries on Firefox...

Hello all!
I hope you all had a great time :)

@mlnevese, We noticed that we have some issues with handling browser based files (mostly extensions). Currently, we cannot efficiently quarantine them. We are working on it and it will be fixed.

@Mops21, @paulderdash. Thank you for reporting this. It is known issue and it will be fixed in next release.

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hello all!
I hope you all had a great time :)

@mlnevese, We noticed that we have some issues with handling browser based files (mostly extensions). Currently, we cannot efficiently quarantine them. We are working on it and it will be fixed.

@Mops21, @paulderdash. Thank you for reporting this. It is known issue and it will be fixed in next release.

Hi @ZAM3_PO

Thank you very much for your Infos

I have get this by email too from you with this Infos

I will wait for the new Setup File from you

With best Regards
Mops21

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Hi Zemana: happy, happy new year!

Two things: please inform me I was tripping when I clicked on the license expired/renewal link on ZAM interface and Internet Explorer opened. My default browser is set to Firefox (I checked). Second, I go into a game a few minutes later and the Windows notification chimes into the game and informs me my Zemana trial period is expired. Yes, I knew that already. I have a screenshot if necessary. Is this intentional behavior? On the plus side, I can still run this as an on-demand, right--It's useful that way?

PS: Thank you very much for offering a key but I support developers of good software. Now I will wait for the finished product. :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Yah, reinstalled to get a screenie and clicked on the link provided, IE does indeed open. Hmmm. :unsure:

Hi @plat1098,

Thank you very much for bringing these issues to our attention and Happy new year to you :) You are right for both of these. Regarding URLs opening on IE instead of default browser, I have created a task and we will fix it. And for tray notifications, we decided to leave them opened for testing purposes (we do not intend to bother our testers). However if you go to settings and Disable notification area messages, all these tray notifications should be suppressed.

As everybody can agree, we are in a very early beta and we are slowly fixing problems and improving this application based on your feedback. We appreciate all of your contribution very much and so far we are doing very good thanks to you.

Thank you all once again.

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
I'm pretty sure everyone is getting the same error. I am too. Also the glitch when you open up the GU for the first time where it looks weird for a bit it a bug a lot if not everyone is getting.

I feel it should get fixed in the next version, maybe because it is Christmas/new year holidays that is why it is taking a bit longer to get fixed.

Hi @Andrew999,

Yes, we were taking a bit of rest but we are back now :)

Crash issue should be fixed with v3.0.617. Could you please update and take a look?
Glitch on the UI will be fixed on the following release.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Zemana AntiMalware 3.0.616 Beta
  • Application preventing Windows shutdown is fixed
  • Exception that occured on tray icon click on application first run is fixed
  • Signature and engine DB version label issue is fixed
  • Other minor improvements and fixes
Known Issues
  • Laggy UI on first application run will be fixed in next release

Zemana AntiMalware 3.0.617 Beta

• One more minor fix (forgot something :))

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
@ZAM3_PO

I can confirm that the application preventing Windows from shutting down has been fixed for my computers. The error with clicking on the tray icon for the applaiction on first run has been fixed.

Indeed the UI is a bit laggy, but as mentioned this should be fixed soon.

One weird thing to note: I started upgrading the application on one screen, but as I moved my mouse to another screen the final "Congratulations/installation finished" type dialog box came up on that screen. Shouldn't it stick on the screen that it is started on? (I may be a little nit-picky here....However, I don't want to come off that way.):emoji_innocent:

Other than that seems to be smooth sailing!

Nice job Zemana team! Thanks for your hard work. Happy New Year!!!! (y)(y)(y)(y) :D:D

~Brian

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
@ZAM3_PO

I can confirm that the application preventing Windows from shutting down has been fixed for my computers. The error with clicking on the tray icon for the applaiction on first run has been fixed.

Indeed the UI is a bit laggy, but as mentioned this should be fixed soon.

One weird thing to note: I started upgrading the application on one screen, but as I moved my mouse to another screen the final "Congratulations/installation finished" type dialog box came up on that screen. Shouldn't it stick on the screen that it is started on? (I may be a little nit-picky here....However, I don't want to come off that way.):emoji_innocent:

Other than that seems to be smooth sailing!

Nice job Zemana team! Thanks for your hard work. Happy New Year!!!! (y)(y)(y)(y) :D:D

~Brian

Hi @Lightning_Brian.
I know what you mean about the dialog box that opens after successful update. (this blue dialog box says application successfully updated. right?)
You are right. This dialog can travel based on your cursor (especially if you have multiple monitor it can be annoying). We will optimize such things in the future for sure. But not a big issue for now :) Still, thanks a bunch for your valuable feedback.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @ZAM3_PO and Hi @Miss Onnellisuus

I have 2 Icons in my sys tray see my screenshot into the black circle

I send you the Feedback via UI to you

I use a Windows 8.1 64 Bit and it is up to date

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• Zemana Anti-Malware 3.0 Bug 03.jpg
    Zemana Anti-Malware 3.0 Bug 03.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 216
Reactions: harlan4096

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Hi @ZAM3_PO and Hi @Miss Onnellisuus

I have 2 Icons in my sys tray see my screenshot into the black circle

I send you the Feedback via UI to you

I use a Windows 8.1 64 Bit and it is up to date

With best Regards
Mops21

Hi @Mops21. Thank you very much. I also replied to your feedback. We are aware of this issue and we have an active task to fix this.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.