Joining #SpotifyDeleted movement? Here’s how to delete yours!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Spotify has made a noise lately, and not for a good reason. It all started with Joe Rogan’s COVID-19 vaccine misinformation on The Joe Rogan Experience show that sparked outrage and caused actions from various artists. First of them is Neil Young, who demanded the removal of all his music immediately on the platform and wrote on his website: “They can have Rogan or Young. Not both.” Other artists joining #SpotifyDeleted and pulling out their works on Spotify include Joni Mitchell, Nils Lofgren, Brené Brown, David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, and more.

So, do you plan on joining the #SpotifyDeleted movement by deleting your account? Here are the simple steps you can do to do it in a matter of minutes.

The deletion of a Spotify account depends on whether you have a paid membership account or just using it for free. Doing it for the latter is much easier. You can simply visit Spotify’s website and click the “Close Your Account” link to do it instantly. On the other hand, Premium members need to directly contact Spotify through customer support, but the steps are simple. A bot will ask you to rethink your decision, but you can finalize your Spotify account deletion with just a few clicks.

However, before deleting a Spotify account, note that it isn’t the account you’re only losing: you’ll also lose your playlists you took time building. With this, you might want to find some alternatives first to salvage the list of songs you’ve saved for a long time.

Some of the best alternatives we can recommend are the Deezer and SongShift. For Deezer, just visit its website, click the “Transfer Now” icon, and select Spotify among the listed music providers. After this, you can transfer your music library, including playlists, albums, artists, and songs. Almost the same processes are required on other platforms to transfer your Spotify playlists. And if you want other options, you can opt for Apple Music, YouTube Music, Amazon Music, and Tidal.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Dumping Spotify is not enough! Let's expand on it and cancel any discourse from those with IQ's over 50! We're then left with a plethora of good stuff from Politicians, washed up Rock Stars, feeble minded presidents, and Fauci.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I didnt know who Joe Rogan was until sometime ago and I couldnt care less about his thoughts, but why should I delete my Spotify account because of his opinion? How about free speech?

Fake news/misinformation is something funny, so easy to see beyond it, but it seems nowadays that most people are so gullible and so stupid to research and think for themselves that they need to claim for censorship to protect themselves and other stupid people from their lack of intelligence.

Ps: When I say about research, I literally say to research, for health concerns for example you have PubMed, NCBI and Google Scholar; for God's sake, dont be a sheep.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Nowadays the number of likes, thumbs up, positive research count. Not the credibility and reputation of the sender. Experts are replaced by influencers. Data driven decision making is based on metrics, not on ethics.

In the past it was not a lot better, oil companies polluting the areas where they drilled, chemical plants dumping waist in rivers, doctors advertising the stress reducing health benefits of cigarettes in commercials.

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
I switched to Pandora. I don't like how Spotify is forcing content down my throat. Like use Pandora then use Spotify and you realize Spotify makes zero effort to figure out what type of music you like. Their recommendations are just filled with artists who pay money to be shown in other people's recommendations.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Nobody is forcing you to listen to JRE or anything else for that matter. If you're incapable of doing further research, that's your fault. If we're going to get rid of everything that some group of people doesn't like, what will we have left? There is a reason he has the biggest podcast in the world, and I'm not listening to him for any medical advice, rather just for the interesting conversations. Maybe there are people that are skeptical of vaccines because of potential risks, just how medicine reacts differently to everyone.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
No intention of deleting Spotify, spent years building my playlists - Never listened to JRE & never will, I suspect those who are happy to delete Spotify don't have playlists with 1000's of songs - If you don't like someone or their opinions IMO don't listen which I have successfully (not) done - I don't need or use Spotify's recommendations, & they don't force content on me, again it's personal choices :):)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.