May 1, 2018
Windows Edition
Home
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Comodo firewall with proactive security hips and website filtering turned off, f secure anti virus, NVT ERP 4, Adguard, Shadow defender(for those special occasions only)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
zemana and EEK,
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
last pass, canvas defender, malware-bytes, https everywhere and auto history wipe
Maintenance tools
process lasso, wise care 365
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Standard ,monthly windows image backup, weekly data backup. Important data is always on sync with one drive
System recovery
windows native and AOMEI Backupper Standard

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Not quite sure if anyone's noticed this: "Virus and Malware Removal Tools zemana anti logger". I believe The Antilogger which is now a discontinued product doesn't serve as a product that has an active capability of removing any type of classification threat. I would therefore suggest maybe removing this out as it's already added to Realtime Protection.

May I also suggest the following too
  • Adding Zemana AntiMalware as an on demand second opinion scanner
  • Optional, adding adwcleaner & Norton Power Eraser
  • Changing default search engine to DuckDuckGo or Startpage
  • Believe you have FF you could try Cookie AutoDelete & Privacy Possum
~LDogg

Brahman

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
  • Optional, adding adwcleaner & Norton Power Eraser

I don't believe in disinfecting a system but in preventing the infection . once infected its better to reinstall rather than going for cleaner software. I am using ad guard just to prevent adware infection and if something bypasses CFW, ZAL and windows defender then i will reinstall/reimage my system rather than using NPE.

Brahman

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Changes made a month ago, F secure av comes in in lieu of windows defender (much less resource hungry than defender) Zemana anti logger is removed for now ( if it gets updated will consider). Added NVT ERP 4 beta (just to test for the time being). No major conflicts are observed till now, in fact system is very smooth and very responsive. NVT is in lock down mode.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Changes made a month ago, F secure av comes in in lieu of windows defender (much less resource hungry than defender) Zemana anti logger is removed for now ( if it gets updated will consider). Added NVT ERP 4 beta (just to test for the time being). No major conflicts are observed till now, in fact system is very smooth and very responsive. NVT is in lock down mode.
Some very good changes being made! What are your browsing habits like?

~LDogg

Brahman

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Some very good changes being made! What are your browsing habits like?

~LDogg
nothing that can be called dangerous, but my wife also uses the same system and she is a careless and dangerous as she will click on anything that she may find interesting....

Hawaii007

Level 2
Verified
Jan 31, 2018
Any problems running CFW and F-secure. Anyway to get rid of the warming on f-secure about not protected windows firewall not on?

Reactions: Brahman

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
nothing that can be called dangerous, but my wife also uses the same system and she is a careless and dangerous as she will click on anything that she may find interesting....
What F-Secure's web filter like if it has one? If someone else uses it have you thought about using Netcraft?

~LDogg

Reactions: Brahman

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Not needed since :
F secure has one of aggressive top tier web blocking + Acquisition of Anti phishing company MWR Cyber security further powered it
Net Craft is good for Anti phishing like beside Panda, Avira
F secure is solely dependent at Web level than their own signatures..this should explain how effective their web protection is !!

Reactions: amico81

Brahman

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Any problems running CFW and F-secure. Anyway to get rid of the warming on f-secure about not protected windows firewall not on?
No way to turn off that nagging warning, No issues of conflict between f secure and comodo. (i am not using comodo's hips by the way)
What F-Secure's web filter like if it has one? If someone else uses it have you thought about using Netcraft?

~LDogg
i am already using adguard at system level and malwarebytes extension, netcraft is not needed. I only have f secure anti virus module, most basic one and it does not have web filtering module and i do not need web filtering module as i have adguard for that special purpose.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
No way to turn off that nagging warning, No issues of conflict between f secure and comodo. (i am not using comodo's hips by the way)

i am already using adguard at system level and malwarebytes extension, netcraft is not needed. I only have f secure anti virus module, most basic one and it does not have web filtering module and i do not need web filtering module as i have adguard for that special purpose.
Nice man! How's adguard doing for you?

~LDogg

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Nice man! How's adguard doing for you?
~LDogg

For me work great but i use system installer version no stand alone addon for browser
Adguard with K9 Web protection is rly good solid combo but mostly k9 web dont have much to do while adguard work also well.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.