Jota13 config.

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Emsisoft AntiMalware, Malwarebytes AntiMalware Premium, Xvirus Personal Firewall, Spy Shelter Premium, Mc Shield, WinPatrol, Zemana AntiMalware, and Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Free. I again installed Adguard Premium- annual license.
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes AntiMalware Premium, Zemana AntiMalware.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox, Pale Moon, Cyberfox and others; no script, WOT, track me not, groowe serch toolbar, flash killer, classic theme restorer, disconnect, McAfee Web Advisor, Dr.Web Anti- Virus Link Checker, Flagfox, Netcraft Anti- Phishing Toolbar, Quick Java, Personas Plus, Themes Menu, FlipClock, Better Privacy, All-in One Sidebar, and many others. I also use uBlock origin. Google Chrome: script safe, WOT, Adguard extension, track me not, etc. etc.
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner (sometimes I clean errors in Windows registry), Ashampoo Win Optimizer 14, Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, Auslogics Registry Cleaner- I rarely use them.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
because i trust yandex more than google :D

I trust Google and Yandex. Yandex have a good built-in extensions, like Adguard... But I used it browser rarely... I prefer Firefox.

Last edited:
Reactions: omidomi

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
In Google Chrome I used: ScriptNo (or something like that), WOT, Flash Control, McAfee Web Advisor, Adblock Plus, TrackMeNot, Right Click and translate, Dr. Web Anti- Virus Link Checker, unshorten it, Java Script Popup Blocker, Flag for Chrome, etc., etc.... It was good browser. But with bad auto-update services.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I trust Google and Yandex. Yandex have a good built-in extension, like Adguard... But I use it browser rarely... I prefer Firefox.
fire fox is good one, but it not work well in my system(may be my fault,or bug!)
I use Win 8.1 64X one of my problem with fire fox is: when i start download file,music,or etc, fire fox do't show me how much megabyte or kilobytes stay to end.
see:
Untitled.png

bad thing is: i report it last month !
i never recived reply from them...:(

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
You don't think the Russian intel agencies have done something similar with Yandex? ;)
:D
your idea is logical, but without any evidence you can't said Russian I A do the same :)
btw: i hear that many servers of yandex in netherland and netherland have great law for data center :rolleyes:

Reactions: jota13 and Noxx

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
fire fox is good one, but it not work well in my system(may be my fault,or bug!)
I use Win 8.1 64X one of my problem with fire fox is: when i start download file,music,or etc, fire fox do't show me how much megabyte or kilobytes stay to end.
see:
Untitled.png

bad thing is: i report it last month !
i never recived reply from them...:(

I don't have this problem... I see how much data stay to end, and how much it will take time. I just downloaded nice fruit desk-theme-pack to test this. (Probably this theme better works on Windows 8 but I like it. I had problem with menu start and centrum of action when I use old themes. When I should relogin. :( )

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
There is a script to turn off google auto update. Search in google and you will find it.
If you like firefox perhaps cyberfox I believe is the name is for 64bit.

As for adguard I have the https option disabled as well.

I personally only use one extension on my browsers and that's an adblock. Did use greasemonkey for awhile with two custom scripts but in the end found no need for it. In the end the least I have the easier to maintain my system for gaming.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
There is a script to turn off google auto update. Search in google and you will find it.
If you like firefox perhaps cyberfox I believe is the name is for 64bit.

As for adguard I have the https option disabled as well.

I personally only use one extension on my browsers and that's an adblock. Did use greasemonkey for awhile with two custom scripts but in the end found no need for it. In the end the least I have the easier to maintain my system for gaming.
CyberFox=worst version of fire fox :D
run very slowly update hard...
i suggest: Yandex Browser,opera :)

Reactions: DardiM

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Inkurax, I also use Cyberfox and Palemoon- I installed these Browsers. And I also have all portable versions of Firefox; Pale Moon, and CyberFox.

Inkurax, I know that I using Autoruns I can disable Google Update services... I'm not an experienced user of this program. :oops:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Inkurax, I also use Cyberfox and Palemoon- I installed these Browsers. And I also have all portable versions of Firefox; Pale Moon, and CyberFox.

Inkurax, I know that I using Autoruns I can disable Google Update services... I'm not an experienced user of this program. :oops:
I would rather use the feature I gave you but remember to check updates accordingly for chrome.
Autoruns is used to disable the service. Good tool but be careful with the tweaks.
If u need help we will help don't worry or you can choose to start a conversation with one user that you think he or she can help and you will get assistance.
I personally wouldn't us so many programs myself but that's because I'm mainly a gamer. There is nothing wrong however with your security programs. Some of us might suggest you to use this and that and tell you to remove a b and c but if it works for you and you are happy that is all that matters.

Reactions: Alkajak

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I uninstalled Comodo Firewall and I installed Xvirus Personal Firewall.

I uninstalled SecureAPlus Premium (because it worked like second HIPS) and Adguard Premium (I prefer it extension in Internet Browsers).

To many protection is bad idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rishi
D

Deleted member 178

still too much.

Real-time Malware Protection:

Emsisoft AntiMalware, Malwarebytes AntiMalware Premium, Xvirus Personal Firewall, Spy Shelter Premium, Mc Shield, WinPatrol, Zemana AntiMalware, and Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Free.

for me, those left are far enough.

Reactions: Rishi

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
still too much.

Real-time Malware Protection:

Emsisoft AntiMalware, Malwarebytes AntiMalware Premium, Xvirus Personal Firewall, Spy Shelter Premium, Mc Shield, WinPatrol, Zemana AntiMalware, and Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Free.

for me, those left are far enough.

What about just having Zemana for scanner?
Isn't it recommended to have anti-exploit protection?

Reactions: DardiM

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Sorry Umbra but Malwarebytes AntiMalware isn't antivirus. McShield protect against infections from pendrive (stick) I often use them. ZemanaAnti Malware doesn't bother me. ;) I think it real protection is now better than after. WinPatrol: now I use it paid version, but later I probably keep it... I think Malwarebytes AntiExploit is good.

I really like Emsisoft AntiMalware. It rarely detects false positive on my system.

Umbra, thank you very much for your opinion about Xvirus Personal Firewall. :) I keep it. :)

I think that now I have adequate protection- without password protection of user account.

SpyShelter Premium protects against exploits, if I'm not mistaken.

Hmm, I really don't know ... It protect against screen logger, key logger, sound logger, etc.

What about just having Zemana for scanner?
Isn't it recommended to have anti-exploit protection?

Zemana AntiMalware Premium runs in the background and doesn't burden too much of my CPU.

Sorry for my poor English...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Sorry Umbra but Malwarebytes AntiMalware isn't antivirus.
ZemanaAnti Malware doesn't bother me. ;) I think it real protection is now better than after.
I really like Emsisoft AntiMalware. It rarely detects false positive on my system.
You are on Win10 , Windows Defender is enabled by default so, MBAM complement it. WD is far better than before, it include a new technology (AMSI). WD + MBAM is enough.
Anyway, the signature-based model is obsolete.

McShield protect against infections from pendrive (stick) I often use them.
WinPatrol: now I use it paid version, but later I probably keep it...
I think Malwarebytes AntiExploit is good.

You have Spyshelter's HIPS, it replaces all of them. MBAE free is worthless, it just protect browsers.

Reactions: enaph

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.