jtshadow92's Security Config

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

you can ad emet or malwarebytes anti exploit for system hardening https everywhere as extra browser extension. the rest looks ok to me ( not a mcafee fan ) :p since download malware samples I do suggest the use a virtual machine for that ( vm ware ) , or shadow defender or rollback rx ( disaster recovery )

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing this, your clearly laid & straightforward configuration.:)

Consider browsing with Google Chrome in "Incognito" which deletes history & cookies when closed.
You can activate a built-in third party cookie blocker:
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    tgmsrPRh34tM4q0WYv7l-NNXDz7dqm7ftk8TyCEguoY30xkEg8lcw_ULI23ki9Q=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button. Select "Block third-party cookies and site data"
    • After this you'll see
      chrome_95647_blocked_cookie.gif
      in the address bar whenever a cookie has been blocked.
    • You may also mark the circle "Keep site data only until browser is closed".
Whereas I've been accustomed to relying upon LastPass, using Chrome's built-in password manager versus a third party password manager is a matter of preference.
Here's something of interest I'd found on the subject:
  • 2. "(one)..difference in the storage mechanism of the saved website passwords: Browsers like chrome use Data Protection API exposed by Windows to encrypt and decrypt passwords, whereas the password managers derive key from the master password using some "Key derivation function" which increases the effort of a brute-force attack by a constant factor. – Curious
Source: https://security.stackexchange.com/...sword-manager-vs-third-party-password-manager

@jtshadow92, it's nice to have you here with us!:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Add a backup browser just in case of any issues occur. Cloud backup is not problem at all but better expand with using the built in program of Windows or 3rd party to have snapshots of the system.

Other than that its already fine.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.