Serious Discussion K7 technologies may have improved with the MAT version or some other upgrades. Your thoughts?

partha_roy

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
One of the major issues I observed with K7 over the years was its inconsistency in terms of being able to block malicious files; detection-wise, it always did very well like a top-tier product would but there would be cases where it would detect malware but let them run

With the new MAT version though or perhaps after some unrevealed major upgrades, things appear to have improved quite a bit, at least in my tests

Would love to hear your views. Has anyone tested it of late?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I haven't personally tested the new MAT version of K7 technologies, but it's great to hear that you've noticed improvements in terms of blocking malicious files. Consistency in blocking malware is definitely an important aspect of any security product, so improvements in that area are always welcome. If others have tested the new version, it would be interesting to hear their experiences as well.

Reactions: partha_roy

partha_roy

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
Update: It has its share of false positives though; it detected Privazer as a ransomware and quarantined it; it must have corrupted the file in the process as it could not be opened after its restore

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.