App Review K7 Total security

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Product name
K7 Total Security
Installation (rating)
5.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
3.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
An overhaul of GUI is necessary, but it's fast and responsive.
Performance (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Proactive protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
Very good malware protection, behavioural blocker, web blocker and PUP detection
Browser protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Positives
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Lightning fast scans
    • Easy to use
    • Ransomware protection
    • Strong and reliable protection
    • Detects or blocks in the wild malware
    • Consistently high test scores
    • Effective malicious URL blocking
    • Excellent scores in independent tests
    • Effective malware removal
    • Multi-layer protection approach
Negatives
    • Clumsy or awkward interface (UI)
    • Higher than average false positives
Time spent using product
Reviewed over a 30-day period
Computer specs
Windows 10, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, Intel Pentium Core i5 processor
Recommended for
  1. Inexperienced users
  2. Experienced users
  3. Financial banking or trading
  4. High-end or medium spec PCs
  5. Low spec PCs
Overall rating
5.00 star(s)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
they currently have their home solutions on sale, however note that the Antivirus version has limited internet protection (web protection is not available).

You could always install Forticlient`s web protection module to get a similar level of protection ?
I would install it after first installing K7 AV just in case K7 detects it as a full AV and will refuse to install.

Same as Cortex checking out K7 Total Security and really liking it. :):)

Astonishingly light for such a feature packed security suite.

Regards Eck:)

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I honestly prefer one solution. I was a long time user of solutions without web protection and if you are conscious of your browsing habits, you dont really need a web protection module: KIS for example i do not have the extension enabled. McAfee I opt out in the end for web protection. Avast when i used, i didnt have web shield enabled and the list goes on.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I honestly prefer one solution. I was a long time user of solutions without web protection and if you are conscious of your browsing habits, you dont really need a web protection module: KIS for example i do not have the extension enabled. McAfee I opt out in the end for web protection. Avast when i used, i didnt have web shield enabled and the list goes on.

Totally agree but it can be important for new users and happy clickers to help keep them clear of risky sites/downloads.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
all you need really is an ad blocker and some common sense for new users even.
my son's pc only has Mcafee Endpoint Security installed without web protection module + ublock origin. Yet to see an infection and he is 10.

in my opinion and this might cause some backlash is that nowadays the opinion of new users is over stated.

Why overload the system with n+1 modules to cover every possible hole when in real world scenarios all you need is 2 things? The same actually goes for over the top configurations you occasionally see here in MT.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
No doubt the "noobs" are getting more tech savvy and sophisticated but there`s no way I`m letting my grandson(nearly 5) loose on one of my laptops without password protected web protection.

He had my andoid phone for a few moments and took a selfie whilst downloading a game which he immediately began to play.

Eventually managed to get it off him and order was restored.

So I still think for some situations, web protection is still important if only for my own peace of mind.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
ok so no region lock @ amazon keys ?

Update: it doesnt work for germany....keys are not deliverable to the selected address :cry:
No there's no region lock. You just need to add a random Indian address to your Amazon account. It doesn't matter that you don't actually live there if you buy digital licenses with email delivery.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
No there's no region lock. You just need to add a random Indian address to your Amazon account. It doesn't matter that you don't actually live there if you buy digital licenses with email delivery.

i got the key from amazon india..but key doesnt work ...serial number is incorrect :unsure:
Unbenannt.PNG

• Sad
Reactions: Behold Eck

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
i got the key from amazon india..but key doesnt work ...serial number is incorrect :unsure:
Message the seller and they should be able to help you. I've bought AV Premium and IS licenses and they both worked.

I've also bought several other AV licenses and they worked too. The only issue I had was with Trend Micro. In that case I just needed to use the locally available online installer, rather then the offline installer provided by the seller.

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

K7 was offering 51% off on Indian Independence Day (15 August). If one wants to purchase, purchase on Indian festivals.Almost all Indian companies offer a huge discount and there are lots of fests. However Bitdefender in India is always cheap but it is region restricted.

Reactions: roger_m

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
i think K7 has region restriction, look at Amazon India screenshot, try to use indian ip
The two licenses I bought were not region locked. Have a look at different sellers on Amazon and you should be able to find a seller selling K7 licenses which aren't region locked. it you have any questions, just send a seller a message and they should be able to help you.

Reactions: Cortex

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.