App Review K7 Ultimate Security 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
All software use APIs or application libraries. Just to see some AV use VB.net on their interface...

What worries me is the lack of means of K7 to intercept the most recent attacks like RedLine, Amadey or Aurora. The same goes for JS/VBS or OneNote scripts...

Yesterday I had fun trying to install QuakBot (QBot) and Emotet without any difficulty...
The AI did not react.
So for me K7 is indeed to be avoided.

Then on the lightness, we can make compromises or optimize the detection engine with detections in Hexadecimal like Eset, Kaspersky or Avast! does :)

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Then on the lightness, we can make compromises or optimize the detection engine with detections in Hexadecimal like Eset, Kaspersky or Avast! does
You know these compromises yourself, you have discussed them many times 😀
Like not scanning large files, not doing this, not doing that…

Hexadecimal detections or even Kaspersky smart hashes (a hash that remains similar if only minor changes are made to the malware) are just few out of the hundreds ways to optimise performance.

You might be able to provide phenomenal detection but if you are slowing the user down, they will uninstall your app and will move on to someone else. This is why a balance must be achieved.

This is what I’ve been explaining there but it looks like it remained misunderstood by some.

As to K7, you can’t make a great piece of software if you are selling cheap, lifetime licenses. K7 is very cheap and it easily shows on its results. It’s definitely to be avoided.

Last edited:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I will always give them credit for that they show up to tests again and again. Not like some other AV one bad result and you never see them tested again :D
On the last AVC test, they are in the third cluster. Not a very brilliant result.

1st cluster is products that blocked 100% with 0 compromised. These are Kaspersky, Avast, Defender and few others.
The second cluster is Avira and Norton with 0.4% compromised
The third cluster is K7 and Eset with 0.8% compromised
4th cluster and worst is TotalAV with 2.7% compromised.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.