App Review K7 Ultimate Security 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the K7 test!
K7 is an Indian antivirus, which is beginning to be known.
The product is very well known in India, and has evolved in this version.

Although the interface has not changed, K7 now includes an AI called MAT (which I have not seen...) and various new shields.

For the protection, I am disappointed.
Although K7 is good on the Web, it is bad on files.
Many attacks pass without detection, K7 manages to block many of them, but the machine is quickly infected...

Too bad, not recommendable.

RAM Usage : Low
Malware URL test : 10/10 (All blocked)
Fake crack : 0,75/1 (1 missed)
Malware Pack : Remaining 45 files out of 191.
Disappointing result.
Even if K7 blocks several malware thanks to its "Suspicious Process" detection, the PC is quickly infected.
K7 proposes an AI named MAT, but I didn't see it, does it really integrate it?

Resistance to script attacks: Average

Result :
K7 : 1
NPE: 4 (Norton indicates 6 but 2 are false positives, ignored)
KVRT : 3

Recommand : Not recommended
System Clean : System infected

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014

Although the interface has not changed, K7 now includes an AI called MAT (which I have not seen...) and various new shields.

Many attacks pass without detection, K7 manages to block many of them, but the machine is quickly infected...

Disappointing result.
Even if K7 blocks several malware thanks to its "Suspicious Process" detection, the PC is quickly infected.

Result :

Thank you for the test @Shadowra!
Would be interested in how K7 reacts.
Wow, didn‘t expect it to be that bad.
Maybe there is quite a difference between stock settings and being maxed out.
As for the script protection, is has been a problem for a while now.
Especially the firewall whitelists wscript.exe.
Support confirms that the learning mode is disabled for whatever reason, which is quite a pity IMO, you need to blacklist manually, if trusted.
Have tested it mainly against ransomware lately, it has become stronger in that dept.
As for signatures, while its weak against scriptors, it’s quite good IMO.
Haven‘t had any infection or issues so far, still keep using it for years now, after trialling many AV, always not 💯% happy.

As for the interface, it exactly looks like mine, same version (.902).
I wonder if MAT is really already integrated.
There‘s a current discussion around that forum, with a completely different look after new purchase, and big confusion on how to get MAT version…
Also very eager for news…
Never got a reply asking whether MAT will come as per in-App upgrade.

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
you should try eScan Anitivirus, another product from India but in my view, way better than K7 or any other Indian AV.. Gives the many well-known brands like Kaspersky and Bitdefender a run for their money

It uses Bitdefender's and its own database specifically for virus definitions, combined with its own technologies for ransomware and firewall... Extremely underrated

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Thank you for the test @Shadowra!
Would be interested in how K7 reacts.
Wow, didn‘t expect it to be that bad.
Maybe there is quite a difference between stock settings and being maxed out.
As for the script protection, is has been a problem for a while now.
Especially the firewall whitelists wscript.exe.
Support confirms that the learning mode is disabled for whatever reason, which is quite a pity IMO, you need to blacklist manually, if trusted.
Have tested it mainly against ransomware lately, it has become stronger in that dept.
As for signatures, while its weak against scriptors, it’s quite good IMO.
Haven‘t had any infection or issues so far, still keep using it for years now, after trialling many AV, always not 💯% happy.

As for the interface, it exactly looks like mine, same version (.902).
I wonder if MAT is really already integrated.
There‘s a current discussion around that forum, with a completely different look after new purchase, and big confusion on how to get MAT version…
Also very eager for news…
Never got a reply asking whether MAT will come as per in-App upgrade.
Before making the video, I did some research to test MAT from K7.
I even took the liberty of contacting K7 directly, but no answer...

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Before making the video, I did some research to test MAT from K7.
I even took the liberty of contacting K7 directly, but no answer...
Thank you, it‘s sad to hear they keep such a secret on it…
So many people recently tried.
Missing support / reaction by sales would keep me from buying (purchased Infiniti in 3/2021, before, I got cheap lic from eBay).
Actually, support (mainly SUD) has been quite reactive, other than QuickHeal, which receives signatures only very limited (3?) times a day, and adding new detections after submission can take days…

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@Shadowra You were using the old version. To get the new MAT version now you need to buy a new license, as there is no trial version for it. In a month or so, users of the old version will get an upgrade to the new MAT version too. That's what K7 told me anyway.

K7 MAT.png

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
@Shadowra You were using the old version. To get the new MAT version now you need to buy a new license, as there is no trial version for it. In a month or so, users of the old version will get an upgrade to the new MAT version too. That's what K7 told me anyway.

View attachment 270067

If in 1 month the current K7 users will have MAT, I will test again :)

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Very disappointed with the results, I put Eset IS back cause I have a license while waiting for the test of the new version of K7. Thank you for all this work and the clarifications it provides.

Excellent choice for Eset! :)
It's very light, very efficient, and it's one of the few to have Hexa detections on multiple malwares! ;)

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Thanks for the review, somewhat disappointed but as usual a very through review - As regards MAT K7 support staff themselves don't seem to know whether they are on foot or horseback - Sadly one thing K7 are experts at is spamming my inbox several times a week with no unsubscribe option.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Thnak you @Shadowra for your review, and thanks to all of you for your valuable opinion, I'll wait 1 or 2 months if my existing K7 TS will get MAT upgrade then okay otherwise it's time to switch another brand like ESET / Kespersky / Escan

Thanks for the review, somewhat disappointed but as usual a very through review - As regards MAT K7 support staff themselves don't seem to know whether they are on foot or horseback - Sadly one thing K7 are experts at is spamming my inbox several times a week with no unsubscribe option.
Same experience

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Excellent choice for Eset! :)
It's very light, very efficient, and it's one of the few to have Hexa detections on multiple malwares! ;)
ESET is really very good choice but it's slow down internet speed & popped up a message that firewall exception required .. something like after time I started computer, using just windows 11 built in firewall no third-party firewall, it might be ESET configuration problem ( ESET NOD32 Antivirus )

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022

View attachment 270067
I'll wait for 1 or 2 months for MAT upgrade ...(existing K7 TS user )

Thank you, it‘s sad to hear they keep such a secret on it…
So many people recently tried.
Missing support / reaction by sales would keep me from buying (purchased Infiniti in 3/2021, before, I got cheap lic from eBay).
Actually, support (mainly SUD) has been quite reactive, other than QuickHeal, which receives signatures only very limited (3?) times a day, and adding new detections after submission can take days…
Quick Heal also have version upgrade problem as their product doesn't support built-in upgrade, you have to download again If new version available & very limited database update .

you should try eScan Anitivirus, another product from India but in my view, way better than K7 or any other Indian AV.. Gives the many well-known brands like Kaspersky and Bitdefender a run for their money

It uses Bitdefender's and its own database specifically for virus definitions, combined with its own technologies for ransomware and firewall... Extremely underrated
Hey @partha_roy I'm also from India.. I've heard Escan is not lightweight & their products have version upgrade issue.

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
I'll wait for 1 or 2 months for MAT upgrade ...(existing K7 TS user )

Quick Heal also have version upgrade problem as their product doesn't support built-in upgrade, you have to download again If new version available & very limited database update .

Hey @partha_roy I'm also from India.. I've heard Escan is not lightweight & their products have version upgrade issue.
Hi Anirban, yes it does take a little more resources maybe in relation to a few other antivirus software but then if you have at least 8 gigs of RAM, it definitely won't be a problem

With respect to the upgrades, they don't offer free upgrades and that's quite a bummer but that said, eScan is incredible especially when it comes to ransomware

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Hi Anirban, yes it does take a little more resources maybe in relation to a few other antivirus software but then if you have at least 8 gigs of RAM, it definitely won't be a problem

With respect to the upgrades, they don't offer free upgrades and that's quite a bummer but that said, eScan is incredible especially when it comes to ransomware
What about Quick Heal Antivirus? It is very popular in India...

Reactions: Sorrento and franz

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022

Disappointing result.

Result :

I hope that this is the AV solution that the Indian Amazon scammers use since they deserve it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.